Can't/Won't look at the FAQ

BrianG

I cannot understand why any of us are blocked when we have not registered for smapcop's services.

Who the hell are they anyway and why won't they answer emails?

You could try reading this Start here before you make your first post You could also read the end user portion of the Why Am I Blocked FAQ pinned at the beginning of this forum.

They probably are not answering your emails because you have not given them the information they need in order to answer your question. And you will not be able to give them the information until you read some of the information in the SpamCop FAQ.

Miss Betsy

I cannot understand why any of us are blocked when we have not registered for smapcop's services.

My crystal ball is cloudy, but I can make some generalizations...

If your outgoing messages are being blocked it is because spam has recently come from the server you are using (perhaps with many other people) which has been reported to spamcop in sufficient numbers to get it listed. The server you are sending to is using the list of servers currently sending spam (including your server) to minimize the effect it has on their connection. Their admin has CHOSEN to use spamcop's list (probably along with other lists) to help his customers eliminate spam. Spamcop is not doing the blocking.

If your incoming messages are being blocked, they YOUR mail admin has CHOSEN to use spamcop's list(probably along with other lists) to help his customers eliminate spam. Spamcop is not doing the blocking.

Who the hell are they anyway...

Hey, that is one of the FAQ's here: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/95.html

... and why won't they answer emails?

I don't know who "THEY" are that you emailed, but if your email was anywhere close to as rude as your post here, it was likely deleted.

If you would like to try again, there is also a list of contact methods here: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html You will notice none of those contain email addresses.

Archived