non-reporting report

mrbungle

Something wrong with your browser, perhaps? When's the last time you cleared the cache, for instance. When I popped your link, the results include;

Report spam to:

Re: 65.208.146.38 (Third party interested in email source)

To: abuse[at]unlimitedplan.com (Notes)

Re: 65.208.146.38 (Administrator of IP block - statistics only)

To: abuse[at]mci.com (Notes)

Re: 65.208.146.38 (Third party interested in email source)

To: Cyveillance spam collection (Notes)

OK, closer look, perhaps you're a "mole" reporter? Allegedly, MCI has "handled" it, other links are thrid-party interests ... and links appear to be non-reachable at present .. so perhaps there are no "real" reports available to go out, as things have already been taken care of.

Yeah, I am a 'mole', since I know there are domain contacts that exist just to verify someone received the UCE and is reporting it. :)

I have had it say so-and-so has taken care of, but it donut usually give a send reports to button if that's the case. Just seemed sort of weird. I use a separate browser for reporting via the web link, so I can close it after every report to avoid cache issues.

Well that'd be my guess then, there's something about the third-party listings, and the mole-reporter mode just goes after the IPs involved in the spam transmittal. So maybe, you've stepped into a possible bug mode, where there are reports that "could" be sent and that's why I saw them, but the mole-mode has no actual interest in these htird-party reports, as they don't involve the DNSbl database. I'll have to assume that this is a Julian thing .. adn it's definitely the first time I've heard of this situation. Maybe a Congrats! is in order? <g>

I'd think I'd probably recommend that you go ahead and snag the "Tracking URL" and post it here .. then actually go ahead and hit the "Send" button that you said was visible. As I'm not a mole reporter, there were addresses that would receive a report if anyone wanders over and hits that button. Posting the Tracking URL here will give Ellen (dropped a note to her earlier in the day) the pointer to go take a look at the specific spam / report if she needs it, though am suspecting that it's still a Julian thing that needs his eyes ....

I wouldn't want to make you feel bad about "breaking" it, it just appears that you hit a wonderful combination of just the right circumstances and timing to come up with your special situation <g> Maybe dancing a bit of a jig to celebrate the luck involved would be more in order <G>

Well, I would give a tracking number, except it donut generate one. If I click the send reports button, it pauses and then loads the page where that usually appears. Except for this one, it's just a blank page. So if I go back to report another, it still shows up in unreported spam.

If there's anything else I can do to make this any less weird, let me know.

pHil

Archived