How To Correct Having Reported A Legitimate Email As spam?

Lodewijk

Hi,

sometimes I post comments on videos on Rumble. And if someone responds, Rumble sends me an email with link to that response.

Someone on Rumbe pretends to be the video content maker, for example Russell Brand, or in this case Glenn Greenwald, but its spam to get you to buy something.

In this case the response to one of my comments today pretends to be from Glenn Geenwald, but it is fake:

Thanks for your contribution, kindly follow the link below to contact my telegram channel for more insight as soon  as possible. https://t.me/ConvowithGlennGreenwald

As usual Rumble send me an email to let me know someone responded to a comment of mine. And by mistake I reported Rumble's email as spam.

How can I correct that, or let someone from Spancop know this so Rumble doesn't get in trouble for nothing?

Edited by Lodewijk

PS:

Wouild like to edit the title and turn "spam" into "spam", but can't do it.

Evem though I wrote the second "spam" above in this post with a capital "S", it comes out with a lower case "s."

Edited by Lodewijk

The blocked IP will auto delist in 24 hours but in the meantime send a pm to the forum admins and read the FAQ and fill in form is my guess?

SpamCop.net - SpamCop FAQ: Dispute Resolution: ISPs and administrators

The FAQ basically says that they do not block spam for one occurrence but it has to meet a criteria...

There are many blocklists and it would take a lot of abuse reports to shut down a large site?

The admin can edit the topic...

Edited by ninth
form

Upper case 'S' spam is a canned meat product. Lower case 's' spam is an unwanted email.

ninth is correct. what is done is done. However, you really can't dispute your spam report because it is not your IP that was reported. You should let the reported party that you made an error.

The good news is that one spam report will not put an IP address on the SCBL. For details go to https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/297.html  and scroll down to SCBL Rules.

10 minutes ago, Lking said:

Upper case 'S' spam is a canned meat product. Lower case 's' spam is an unwanted email.

It is pedantic but also correct that all words in a title are capitals.

Now we know the topics cannot be edited by members and to double check before sending reports.  

13 minutes ago, ninth said:

It is pedantic but also correct that all words in a title are capitals.

Now we know the topics cannot be edited by members and to double check before sending reports.  

Which may not be relevant. In this case years ago SpamCop and Hormel (meat processor of spam) agreed to differentiate between the trademarked meat product spam, and the main interest of SpamCop by capitalizing on and not the other.  As a result this form automatically makes some edits. You can go to the "Test" forum and try to enter a test post with the meat product in the title. You can also try to edit other words in the title.

That is so funny because I was wondering why lodewijk tried to write turn spam into spam and it would not let him again.

Hormel has a patent on the name. I never liked it much because obviously fresh is much better but it was developed during war time and rations with long shelf life were the only meals available.

This reminds me of john cleese and We the People's Front of Judea do hearby convey our sincere fraternal and sisterly greetings to you, Brian, on this, the occasion of your martyrdom,.

Edited by ninth
and

Thank you all for your responses and advice.

I've PM'd one of the admins, and send an email to Rumble, with my apologies, and an explanation, including a link to this thread on Spamcop's forum.

Before greeting with "Kind regards, Lodewijk" I wrote this in the email:

"According to members of the forum Rumble will not be in trouble.

I and probably many others would like it if those impersonators pretending to be content makers would not be able to write their spam in the comments. I've had many spam comments, as Im sure others also have. For example, Russell Brand is likewise impersonated by a spammer on Rumble. I usually don't respond or write "Go away spammer. You are not Glenn Greanwald." or something like that, so others don't fall in the trap."

May I suggest as well as reporting to SC let rumble know and they will delete the comment and suspend the account if found to be violating the rules. The app responsible for sending the message telegram.org can do the same with the link. Scam or spam is not permitted unless the purpose of the site is to advertise services or businesses. To make a comment the sender will be registered and logged in so report a comment or user on the screen if available (flag) or use a form or send an email.

I did mention the Glenn Greenwald impersonator spam in the comments in my email to Rumble.

Next time it happens I will email Rumble again, and include the link the spammer gave.

I don't see how SP can get involved from my side. It would have to be Rumble. But Rumble having the spammer's account info can just suspend the account as you said.

There is no flag option, only a respond option.

Looks like it's solved then: Rumble is not going to be bothered.

Today I got "Tucker Carlson" inviting me to a personal chat with him. Using the link to see what this spam would lead to, it was to a video on YouTube of a young lady being all excited about these marvelous new effective wait-loss pills. :D

I send to Rumble.