[Resolved] Mailhosts error: "Sorry, all tests failed"

Hi,

I have tried a few times to register an email address (or a domain, to be specific) in my mailhosts list, however it always failed me. It always says like this:

Sorry, all tests failed.

We cannot deliver mail to the address you provided: wx....[at]wm.edu. Double check the address provided or try again later. Your mailhost appears to be offline.

Detailed errors:

Connecting to mail2.wm.edu.:

smtpSend:smtpEnvelope (service[at]admin.spamcop.net, wx....[at]wm.edu): smtpTo rcpt to:wx....[at]wm.edu (451 ... Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable )

Note: the wx.... are my real email ID; I hid it intentionally (I'll reveal that later if necessary). I guess I kind of know what the problem is, but I can't solve this without the help of spamcop folks. The mail server on my campus was just equipped with a kind of "spam hump". It seems to me that this requires the sending party to "retry" the sending a few times for the first (few) email(s). Once that party/domain becomes trusted, it would remove this "retry" phase. (This sounds like what softhome.net tried to implement a while ago--which I hated very much.) The logic is that spammer engines would not do that due to the high cost of the retrying; but I guess now even the spammers do that too? (CMIIW).

Now unless I get help, I would not be able to register that email address/domain. And this means that I can't do mailhosts, since all my emails from other accounts are delivered to this wm.edu account. Could anyone please...help me?

Thanks,

Wirawan

I have tried a few times to register an email address (or a domain, to be specific) in my mailhosts list, however it always failed me. It always says like this:

Note: the wx.... are my real email ID; I hid it intentionally (I'll reveal that later if necessary). I guess I kind of know what the problem is, but I can't solve this without the help of spamcop folks. The mail server on my campus was just equipped with a kind of "spam hump". It seems to me that this requires the sending party to "retry" the sending a few times for the first (few) email(s). Once that party/domain becomes trusted, it would remove this "retry" phase. (This sounds like what softhome.net tried to implement a while ago--which I hated very much.) The logic is that spammer engines would not do that due to the high cost of the retrying; but I guess now even the spammers do that too? (CMIIW).

If greylisting is indeed the issue, retrying the operation within the time period would solve the issue.

Archived