Jump to content

Reported spam identified as originated from myself by hosting provider


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Gingko said:

To me, it looks like this is the result of general improvements in the HTML/CSS standards implemented in recent browsers, which were not followed by updates in the SpamCop server's HTML coding.

I use the latest system available and had no problems with registration etc.

This is a free service so you are getting what you pay for and if you are not paying for the product, you are the product. The forum is 101 help yourself and each other  with FAQ and keyword search function and the admin are unpaid. Complaints are no-reply this return address is not monitored.

I recommend that you get familiar with the raw message version of the spam and checkout the SC reports because the latest generation of code is practically written in english and you will learn more over time.

If you need technical support use a paid email service such as SC mail which provides anti-spam and secure messaging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ninth said:

I use the latest system available and had no problems with registration etc.

This is a free service so you are getting what you pay for and if you are not paying for the product, you are the product. The forum is 101 help yourself and each other  with FAQ and keyword search function and the admin are unpaid. Complaints are no-reply this return address is not monitored.

I recommend that you get familiar with the raw message version of the spam and checkout the SC reports because the latest generation of code is practically written in english and you will learn more over time.

If you need technical support use a paid email service such as SC mail which provides anti-spam and secure messaging.

Ok.

How can I access the “latest system available” on which I'd have no problems with registration?

How can I have access to all items quoted in red, as I suppose that they are not available in the free service?

I want to continue using all emails hosted on my server, is there a paid service for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gingko said:

Ok.

How can I access the “latest system available” on which I'd have no problems with registration?

How can I have access to all items quoted in red, as I suppose that they are not available in the free service?

I want to continue using all emails hosted on my server, is there a paid service for that?

https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=paymenu   
you will need to login, Credit card handy

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2023 at 8:27 PM, Gingko said:

Only my GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail mailhost have registered IPv6 with IPv4.

Are you running these free services for your business? If yes they are the least secure on the market:

https://proprivacy.com/email/comparison/secure-privacy-email-options

Furthermore if you are managing 8 mailhosts to run a sizable business you must be busy so why not hire a network admin to take the heat off? They could identify and cleanup the IP addresses for a start and when you say nothing has changed on the server(s) malware spyware  viruses etc are very difficult to detect and can be loaded as easily as setting an Iphone to auto-update. No good just keeping up to date with anti-virus programs when the hackers are writing viruses faster than they can be blocked.

This is the second page of this topic with no end in sight and time is money right? I found out way back not to keep trying the same thing and expect a different outcome unless there is a change. 

Edited by ninth
free
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ninth said:

I believe this is for a donation to help with the costs of operations and keep it ticking over and not for helpdesk support...give credit where credit is due.

No it allows you to see how many reports are made on a IP, used to include a SpamCop email account
Doubt if Cisco makes money from it. To them I would see it as a pain.
No wait time to report
Costs you US$3 to try on a valid Credit card

Report History:


Last 90 days

Submitted: 7/2/2023, 7:51:46 PM +1000:
DONATION
7270196222 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 7/2/2023, 7:51:46 PM +1000:
DONATION
7270196228 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 7/2/2023, 7:51:46 PM +1000:
DONATION
7270196237 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 7/2/2023, 7:51:46 PM +1000:
DONATION
7270196256 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 7/2/2023, 11:14:34 AM +1000:
DONATION
7270147965 ( z_User_Notification ) To: info@ug-cert.ug
7270147963 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 6/26/2023, 5:48:09 AM +1000:
RE
7269038685 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 6/25/2023, 6:24:28 PM +1000:
{-spam-} RE
7268951663 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 6/24/2023, 2:37:37 PM +1000:
Loan Offer
7268761699 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: [concealed user-defined recipient]
7268761698 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Submitted: 6/5/2023, 12:39:06 PM +1000:
I NEED YOUR URGENT RESPONSE
7265191077 ( 41.210.163.78 ) To: ainebya@mtn.co.ug
Older Reports

 

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ninth said:

Are you running these free services for your business? If yes they are the least secure on the market:

No, I am not running any business.
I just host some non profit organisations, or hobby web sites for myself and a few geeks.
And actually, Yahoo and Hotmail are very secondary old emails that I rarely use, and GMail relates to my family by conservatorship for one, and temporarily inherited management for another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gingko said:

I doubt this may have any effect on the captcha registering problem, as you certainly have to be already registered before using a credit card.

It's already supposedly concluded the problem with the CAPTCHA is your browser?
Surprisingly Microsoft browser works? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, petzl said:

It's already supposedly concluded the problem with the CAPTCHA is your browser?
Surprisingly Microsoft browser works? 

This is not “supposedly concluded”.
This is verified.
Not only by myself.
By other members also.
See here:
forum.spamcop.net/topic/29780-captcha-problem-on-registering/

And anyway, if you don't believe it, you just have to try.

As I said before :
It works only in Microsoft Edge, only if I select the Internet Explorer mode.
If you remember well about 10 or 20 years ago, Internet Explorer was very well known to have its very own conception of HTML standards.
Now Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox do not have an Internet Explorer mode.


 

Edited by Gingko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Gingko said:

This is not “supposedly concluded”.

I believe you, just being cautious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ninth said:

IP was reported for spambots, loan scams and web app attacks.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6852863637ze6b726df861a1d1f692ce4047d6c641dz
Yes it was obvious the ISP was ignoring abuse reports so I sent one to their CERT
Was listed in CERT as a Botnet now its not as you can now see in the track supplied.
https://www.first.org/members/teams/ug-cert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, petzl said:

Was listed in CERT as a Botnet now its not as you can now see in the track supplied.
https://www.first.org/members/teams/ug-cert

My source has the abuse count at 8 from different reporters since march last one a week ago and they are listed on 4 blocklists so time is running out. Note that IP forgery is the MO again and it is estimated that 75% of scams come from India and the rest from Africa. The spamwar is not over when useful ways to report keep popping up.

On working towards standards to allow network systems to operate all chromebooks should be taken to a high altitude and thrown away.

Edited by ninth
Note
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gingko said:

And you still haven't tried.

If one browser has problems first thing I do is use the one provided by Microsoft, which I use'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, petzl said:

If one browser has problems first thing I do is use the one provided by Microsoft, which I use'

if someone is using a unix type OS, an M$ product is the last thing they would want to use.
also, M$ is not the lead company for web applications, even though they'd like to call themselves that.

I admire what Gates did in his youth, but somewhat despise what has happened wit and through that company since...

personally I try to avoid M$ products, ans as a browser I use Mozilla, also trying to avoid Google's chrome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RobiBue said:

if someone is using a unix type OS, an M$ product is the last thing they would want to use.
also, M$ is not the lead company for web applications, even though they'd like to call themselves that.

I admire what Gates did in his youth, but somewhat despise what has happened wit and through that company since...

personally I try to avoid M$ products, ans as a browser I use Mozilla, also trying to avoid Google's chrome.

Good advice Edge browser to me for WIN10 is so far the worst, slow
and if you click a clickbait URL with it you could easily have malware problem!
I used to use Fox but they also started having problems so went to Norwegian Browser Opera.
Now owned by China have disabled (I hope) further updates after they put an annoying AI nagware pop-up
Always giving a annoying and large, suggestions Pop-up, when you are reading or want to search by highlighting a word!
Easily turned off but don't trust it! So may have to look for another browser, I use a VPN
but Google search block it as do many media sites, so it must work, easy to turn off and on but a slug for computer to load it

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ninth said:

My source has the abuse count at 8 from different reporters since march last one a week ago and they are listed on 4 blocklists so time is running out. Note that IP forgery is the MO again and it is estimated that 75% of scams come from India and the rest from Africa. The spamwar is not over when useful ways to report keep popping up.

On working towards standards to allow network systems to operate all chromebooks should be taken to a high altitude and thrown away.

https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=41.210.163.78
has no put their "SENDER IP REPUTATION" from poor to good

Was on the SC Blocklist but auto-delisted after no spam for 24 hours.
Other Blocklist's may have much longer times before they delist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, petzl said:

has no put their "SENDER IP REPUTATION" from poor to good

Sorry for off topic...there are lots of blocking apps and I use a different one and add to that all the sites receiving abuse reports, the bad smell follows them around until they have a well deserved history but there must no doubt it is ongoing spam and that takes time.

My spamvertisers continue to send so I continue to report - MX record pointing to IP, domain name IP not found discarded as fake not routable cannot resolve masking ip-based by clause. All starting with 40.107 from US MS report failed report sent to hotmail. The email includes a warning in english and another language that a breach of confidentiality is a felony in an attempt to intimidate the target to follow instructions or else...nothing to do.

On private browsers I use the duck and other members are using it and I was using startpage and they now offer secure email for a small fee. No encryption is completely secure but I am willing to sacrifice some search results for no tracking. If there are any grey areas like accepting cookies or sus links I can manually press the set it all on fire button on exit if in doubt. I also use a trusted anti-tracking email service and I get a report telling me how many and what type of trackers were blocked and I hand out that address rather than my own or they offer a temp address.

Windows 95 was Apple 85 silly billy!

Edited by ninth
del
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ninth said:

Sorry for off topic...there are lots of blocking apps and I use a different one and add to that all the sites receiving abuse reports, the bad smell follows them around until they have a well deserved history but there must no doubt it is ongoing spam and that takes time.

My spamvertisers continue to send so I continue to report - MX record pointing to IP, domain name IP not found discarded as fake not routable cannot resolve masking ip-based by clause. All starting with 40.107 from US MS report failed report sent to hotmail. The email includes a warning in english and another language that a breach of confidentiality is a felony in an attempt to intimidate the target to follow instructions or else...nothing to do.

On private browsers I use the duck and other members are using it and I was using startpage and they now offer secure email for a small fee. No encryption is completely secure but I am willing to sacrifice some search results for no tracking. If there are any grey areas like accepting cookies or sus links I can manually press the set it all on fire button on exit if in doubt. I also use a trusted anti-tracking email service and I get a report telling me how many and what type of trackers were blocked and I hand out that address rather than my own or they offer a temp address.

Windows 95 was Apple 85 silly billy!

https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=41.210.163.78
This site is not a blocking site just a statistic's site
I use the Duck also Google don't like giving access to VPN IP's 
I use Gmail mainly although to watch Australian TV online require a Yahoo email address
What you stated though is sound.

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Daffs windows browser is ready to go into production best thing since wifi however it is still being tested and do not offer email so I recommend for home use not business.

Edited by ninth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2023 at 9:01 AM, ninth said:

Sorry for off topic...

In fact, I'm completely lost here, regarding what you are now speaking about.

Should I start a new topic repeating my initial question in order to revert to the initial subject?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gingko said:

In fact, I'm completely lost here, regarding what you are now speaking about.
Should I start a new topic repeating my initial question in order to revert to the initial subject?

Have you tried latest Microsoft Edge and got past the CAPTCHA?
Everyone so-far except you have reported it works?
Have then you set-up another SpamCop account  without mailhosts being set-up, to try to correct spam reports from going to wrong source of spam?

No one knows these answers except you?
 

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, petzl said:

Have you tried latest Microsoft Edge and got past the CAPTCHA?

Quote

As Ginko said before :
It works only in Microsoft Edge, only if I select the Internet Explorer mode.
If you remember well about 10 or 20 years ago, Internet Explorer was very well known to have its very own conception of HTML standards.
Now Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox do not have an Internet Explorer mode.

apparently he did and it worked.
it seems that currently everybody is going around in circles...
 

Personally I maintain that if your mailhosts are set up correctly, you shouldn't have to list them to report spam. somehow SC, in my past experience, has had problems with registered mailhosts, especially when something changed...
Without mailhost registration I rarely had problems reporting and when someone has mailhosts set up and has trouble, I run the same spam parse, but without the mailhosts, and it reports the correct sender, at least it has so far...
That is, IMNSHO, the crux of the matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...