Receiving Spamcop Error E-mails

caffeine

I think a spammer has obtained my spamcop reporting email address (submit.foobar[at]spam.spamcop.net) because I'm getting copious "spamcop error" emails that aren't the result of anything I forwarded to spamcop.net.

How can I change my submit email address?

Thanks!

First, you should confirm your suspicion. Simply log in to your spamcop.net account and go to the Past Reports page. Then click on the "View recent reports" link, and see if there are items listed that you did not submit. If there are, then you should contact the deputies and let them know.

Thanks all for jumping in and providing those multiple answers .... yet noting that all questions asked here have previously been provided with answers within the SpamCop FAQ found here. As it turns out, therre are answers provided even for the questions (and data ) not provided.

For instance, what kind of an account was involved? It's assumed a "Free Reporting Account" is involved, but ...

Historically, administration of the free accounts, issues with the Paid/Fuel/Premium (depends on where in the FAQ you look), were handled by Don .. that's why Julian hired him way back when. The Deputies were selected volunteers that handled all the other functional Parsing & Reporting stuff that eventually wound down to the two paid staff Deputies currently known ....

From that perspective, and knowing that Don does dip into the Deputies' InBox as time allows, this kind of request would eventually make it to Don, but .. as this was historically one of Don's first taskings and it has not been publicly noted to have changed, the 'more correct' answer would have been as found in the associated FAQ entries, if sent via e-mail, these 'account issues' should fo to Don directly.

Changed the Title and Description of this Topic to better reflect the actual contents. Was "Spamcop Errors" ....

Archived