Interpreting SpamCop reports and blocking big spammers

nav2spamcop

Hi,

I find SpamCop reports very difficult to read.

I'm noting in recent reports these domains:

*.cloudflare.com           (says it's one of the biggest networks)

.hubspotemail.net (LOOKs to be a free email marketer)

*.carbon60.net                 (says it's cloud services and solutions)

I can block domains with my ISP.  I want to block these guys because they appear in most or all SPAMcop reports, but I don't want to interfere with SpamCop itself. 

1. How can I go about finding out whether these companies are known to pass spam? 
  2. How also can I find out what to NOT block, so I don't upset SpamCop processes?

Thanks

Edited by nav2spamcop

• nav2spamcop changed the title to Interpreting SpamCop reports and blocking big spammers
2 hours ago, nav2spamcop said:

Hi,

I find SpamCop reports very difficult to read.

I'm noting in recent reports these domains:

*.cloudflare.com           (says it's one of the biggest networks)

.hubspotemail.net (LOOKs to be a free email marketer)

*.carbon60.net                 (says it's cloud services and solutions)

I can block domains with my ISP.  I want to block these guys because they appear in most or all SPAMcop reports, but I don't want to interfere with SpamCop itself. 

1. How can I go about finding out whether these companies are known to pass spam? 
  2. How also can I find out what to NOT block, so I don't upset SpamCop processes?

Thanks

This is about URL's of Domains?
To complain about Domains you need to find the registrars abuse address.
https://who.is not tried myself

Edited by petzl

On 8/25/2023 at 4:53 AM, nav2spamcop said:
  • How can I go about finding out whether these companies are known to pass spam? 
  • How also can I find out what to NOT block, so I don't upset SpamCop processes?

You can also research the websites or IPs in the report using ip or host checker reverse ip/domain blocklists and comments and reviews. 

On 8/31/2023 at 3:03 PM, nav2spamcop said:

Someone said Cloudflare is useful. How can I know if I block Cloudflare.com, etc. that I won't kill something useful to spamcop.net, etc?

The list of the worst offenders is long with the largest telco on earth AT&T at the top and includes companies offering server storage, data security, network and webmaster services. This is where SC sends reports and they are not the spamvertiser. The spammers move around and reinvent themselves when caught and use deception to hide and impersonate others. The bigger the service provider the more likely they send lots of spam by default and if you block them you may be unable to use your fav online services now or in the future.

They all claim to be developing AI to stop the unwanted communications but that's like trying to slow down hackers writing bronto viruses with security fixes. The US just announced Don't be a Jerk business laws to address the growing problem of companies bending over backwards to evade privacy laws including running interference when we try to cancel amazon subscriptions and the constant interruptions to our daily lives from telemarketers to sell unwanted stuff.