twitter spam reporting

How is spam abuse reported to twitter?  Spammers are using t.co spamvertized urls to redirect.

Spamcop has no abuse reporting address: twitterdoesntcareaboutspammers@devnull.spamcop.net

Twitter has no reporting web pages or instructions, only links to canned articles,  none of which address the problem, in the name of "contact us".

and therein lies the problem, twitter/X doesn't care.

besides, links in spam messages are low priority, even though the spamvertised sites should be also shut down... yet many times spammers add innocent bystanders/third parties to their junk and those are the ones that suffer in the end.

Important is to stop the source, where the spam comes from...

edit:
this one for instance: https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6863557071z9dd95abcddd5d6187a8a0877d4c50b88z
online.net is the one I want to look into my junk
twitter/X is just a redirect and who knows how many other redirects behind that link... I'm not going to follow that rabbithole today... done it before and too often. I'd need to check the http(s) return headers and currently I don't have the will to go after it... I'd like the end-server/host but I don't want the link to reveal my info, so I'm not going there now... did I already mention that? LOL

Edited by RobiBue
added latest spam with twitter/X link

spam hosting mechanisms are just as illegal as the rest of the spam and didn't use to be a low priority.  But clicking on spamvertized links to analyze them is always a risk, even for images, and even if done through tor.  You never know if an encoded url is a web bug for tracking or malware.

Spamcop does a good job of reporting the spam source, and often spamvertized urls, but can't recognize redirects (which is probably safer unless there is a way to trace it without activating it).

But big operations like amazon and google ignore spamcop reports, and comprehensive direct reports to their reporting webpages can be ignored for weeks or forever.  Amazon has often notoriously refused to remove spammers, assuming that their customers (even commercial mass email and tracking companies!) must be exempt from the anti-spam laws as "legitimate" whatever they do to illegally harvest and track target addresses.  Abuse desks at big operations like amazon and wix should know better than to recommend "unsubscribing" from a spam operation, and know better than to call obvious crude spam a "newsletter".

Amazon now has a new website for abuse reporting, which they say may get faster responses than the email reporting address (that spamcop can't use), but it requires opening a hosting account advertised as "free" for now, and giving them a credit card number.  Abuse reporting of illegal spamming is not supposed to require paying the host responsible in a shakedown racket.

Twitter is at the bottom with apparently no publicized way to contact them at all.  Does anyone know of a channel that won't be ignored?

On 10/1/2023 at 7:59 PM, ewv said:

Amazon now has a new website for abuse reporting, which they say may get faster responses than the email reporting address (that spamcop can't use), but it requires opening a hosting account advertised as "free" for now, and giving them a credit card number.  Abuse reporting of illegal spamming is not supposed to require paying the host responsible in a shakedown racket.

Many apps expect you to have an account to report which is unlawful considering spam is a crime and the spammer avoids sending spam to other account holders - take the email example they know they will be reported if using the same email client. I happily use the cops to report because network admins prefer to contact eachother but if not an email I use online forms with a secondary email account to report when that is available. I agree it is a priority to find the source and not get on here and ignore our advice and looking to lay blame after using their email address as the account name etc.

I found bitly good at deleting links no membership required and this stuffs up the spammers when they are in the business of sending bulk mailouts to huge mail lists and the linky no worky red flag means all credibility is lost from their victims I mean customers. Google is receiving abuse reports from SC but it is disappointing that the microsoft is not and the online form makes life so hard you just wanna give up so it is less work for them. The biggest monopoly in the world is still unaccountable Bill? They are all monumental buckpassers.

On amazon the best contact is hostmaster@amazon.com they likey getting reports.