Spamcop dev/nulling reports to Sendgrid?

Why is is SC dev/nulling reports to Sendgrid? There's no explanation when parsing emails sent from a Sendgrid customer.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6864665553z76b4173c8cadf5ce84d01efaa688126ez

Tracking message source: 149.72.149.187:

Routing details for 149.72.149.187
[refresh/show] Cached whois for 149.72.149.187 : abuse AT sendgrid DOT com
Using best contacts abuse#sendgrid DOT com AT devnull DOT spamcop DOT net
Message is 24 hours old
149.72.149.187 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org
149.72.149.187 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net
149.72.149.187 not listed in accredit.habeas.com
149.72.149.187 not listed in plus.bondedsender.org
149.72.149.187 not listed in iadb.isipp.com

It usually says something to the effect of "Reports disabled for abuse AT x DOT com/net, etc. ("x" referring to the domain the email was sent from), for emails, (not specifically Sendgrid) but no explanation by the parser is given. 

Edited by Steve

4 hours ago, Steve said:

It usually says something to the effect of "Reports disabled for abuse AT sendgrid DOT com", but no explanation by the parser is given.

Used to but rarely now!
SpamCop reporting is easily disabled.
It's not hard for ISP's to stop receiving SpamCop reports but guessing takes time for admin to log reason
Sendgrid are masive email platform unlikely to be ever blocked by SCBL

https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/77.html
IMO free email need to be scrutinized or they are just overrun by spam bots
https://sendgrid.com/free/
Twitter/X is attempting to remove what was 90% full of bots I believe
Discourages people from signing up, I like a VPN so I always get confirmation messages
so I just read news links without signing in

Edited by petzl

1 hour ago, petzl said:

Used to but rarely now!
SpamCop reporting is easily disabled.
It's not hard for ISP's to stop receiving SpamCop reports but guessing takes time for admin to log reason
Sendgrid are masive email platform unlikely to be ever blocked by SCBL

https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/77.html
IMO free email need to be scrutinized or they are just overrun by spam bots
https://sendgrid.com/free/
Twitter/X is attempting to remove what was 90% full of bots I believe
Discourages people from signing up, I like a VPN so I always get confirmation messages
so I just read news links without signing in

I'm not saying that SC's parser displayed that. I'm just confused as to why no explanation was given as to why the parser just dev/nulls the reports to Sendgrid's abuse address by default. Well, I did manually report the spam/unwanted email to abuse AT sendgrid DOT com and got this:

You're receiving this email from Twilio in response to your report of unwanted activity to the Twilio SendGrid Compliance Team. We appreciate your proactive efforts in bringing this matter to our attention.

Upon reviewing the information you provided, we have successfully identified the account from which the unwanted email appears to have originated. We want to assure you that we have launched an immediate investigation into their sending practices and use of our services. Our team is committed to taking appropriate actions to address the issue and prevent any further instances of spam, suspicious, or unwanted emails.

As part of our security and privacy guidelines, we are unable to provide specific updates regarding punitive or enforcement measures taken on the sender's account. However, please know that your report has triggered a thorough investigation, and we are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of our platform and protecting our users.

We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support in submitting reports when necessary. Your active involvement and partnership are instrumental in helping us swiftly identify and cease this type of activity from our platform. Together, we can create a safer and more secure environment for all our users.

If you encounter any similar incidents in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Twilio SendGrid Abuse Team. We are here to assist you and uphold the integrity of our services.

Sincerely,
Onboarding & Compliance Operations

Edited by Steve

On 10/11/2023 at 3:39 AM, Steve said:

From SC, but if you report manually through email (for SG) or Amazon (via their report form or email to abuse AT amazonaws DOT com). They respond and take action as they see fit.

The new online reporting form for AWS requires registration of your personal info including credit card details unless you are already a member...daylight robbery.

Edited by ninth
sp

• 1 month later...

SpamCop has been devnulling SendGrid & SalesForce (now same company) reports for the past two years at least. SalesForce has bounced direct reports from me as well. The big issue with SF/ SG is that none of their customers that spam honor opt-outs or unsubscribes. I elevated a complaint through a buddy of mine who was a VP at SalesForce. Even he couldn't get anywhere. It all just goes into a black hole of "we don't give a s***."