Forward your spam to not working

dlongnecker

When I forward a lot of my hotmail spam to my xxx@spam.spamcop.net email address.   80% of the time I do not get a response and it doesn't appear to work at all.   20% of the time it does work and I can process them in the browser.    I used the same cached email address in my mail client, so I know that is correct.

Any suggestions on what might be happening?

Are your reports getting to SC? After sending a spam, even if you do not receive a response the spam should be in your SC queue to be approved. If it is not there then your email provider is blocking your outgoing email because of the spam content, or they have outgoing settings that fail to connect to the SC server. If they are not sending or are trying and failing to sent, your outgoing email they should send you some kind of a notice.

On the other hand, if your submitted spam shows up in you SC queue, then your email host could be blocking email from SC. In the passed it has been common for ISPs to block email with the word spam in them. 

Sense some are coming through, it may be informative to run a test: Forward some spam, one at a time, spaced out to see if there is a threshold when they start blocking outgoing or incoming email. Let the forum know what you find.

3 hours ago, Lking said:

Are your reports getting to SC? After sending a spam, even if you do not receive a response the spam should be in your SC queue to be approved. If it is not there then your email provider is blocking your outgoing email because of the spam content, or they have outgoing settings that fail to connect to the SC server. If they are not sending or are trying and failing to sent, your outgoing email they should send you some kind of a notice.

On the other hand, if your submitted spam shows up in you SC queue, then your email host could be blocking email from SC. In the passed it has been common for ISPs to block email with the word spam in them. 

Sense some are coming through, it may be informative to run a test: Forward some spam, one at a time, spaced out to see if there is a threshold when they start blocking outgoing or incoming email. Let the forum know what you find.

Gmail often blocks my spam reports to abuse desks, because they contain spam.
Copy and past to Spacop Web page is the best method

Edited by petzl

Looks like option one is the answer. Yes I agree, cut'n past lots of spam is a pain. A talk with your ISP is in order. It has been a while sense I had to deal with comcast so good luck. have you seen any pattern in when/how the 80/20% pass through / block occurs?

9 hours ago, dlongnecker said:

They are not getting to SC.     I can copy and paste them but I literally get 30 spam emails a day that I want to report and cut and pasting those headers each time is a slow process.  

Probably all from same spammer. you need to find our registrar of their web pages which IMO spammer don't like
just forward as attachment to Registrar