Inoreader.com not sending emails to me due to Spamcop block

parki

Hi,

apologies in advance, I wasn't 100% sure which forum to post my issue in since It's kind of the other way round to most of the questions I reviewed (I think).

I have an account on inoreader.com (RSS/news summary website). I have some rules set up to send myself an email when a certain topic fires the rule. However, I never receive the email. Inoreader support say that their email server isn't sending the email, with the following error message:

"smtp; 554 5.7.1 Recipient address rejected: dnsbl/bl.spamcop.net returned deny: for 54.240.27.58(a27-58.smtp-out.us.west-2.amazonses.com)"

Inoreader support confirm that they use Amazon SES services for SMTP, so the server address is legitimate. 

It seems to me I have to get my email address whitelisted/approved by spamcop, but I can't find any way of doing that. Weirdly, it is the same email address that I used to register on this forum! 

If it helps - the email address is on my own domain (registered on Hover). MX records push the email to pobox.com. 

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

The SpamCop blocking list is not tied to emails, but it is based on the IP 54.240.27.58. I currrently do not see that entry in the block list, but it possibly could have been when they tried to send you the email. The receiving server should have an entry for "dnsbl/bl.spamcop.net" and would have sent a response with the following link.

https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=54.240.27.58

54.240.27.58 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

Inoreader support said their server wasn't and isn't blocked. One thing that does puzzle me in the response: "Recipient address rejected" - why recipient address and not a message about the server IP being blocked?

I should also mention that the rule works if a specify a different email address, such as my Gmail or Microsoft email addresses.  I just checked and the sending smtp server for those email addresses is also an AWS SES address.