Password Recovery Emails & Verifications Emails

Elast

Apprently their is a problem with the Forums and gmail emails. I have an account here and I can't get a password recovery email to my gmail. I then tried to make a new account with another gmail and I could never get a verification email. I then signed up with my own domain email and recived the verification email and now I am in. 

Could gmail be blocking spamcop forum emails? 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, petzl said:

no
At best/worst it will to Gmail spam folder

No, they are not in spam folder. I have tried 3 different gmail addresses and the forgot password or new account verification emails will never show up.

Edited by Elast

On 8/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, Elast said:

No, they are not in spam folder. I have tried 3 different gmail addresses and the forgot password or new account verification emails will never show up.

Well all my SpamCop email I get (legacy email address now owned by CISCO)
I do not report via SpamCop as I like to send spam complaints to registrars of URL's in spam
But will get around one day to send anonymous reports to feed SpamCop's spamtrap/blocklist

Edited by petzl

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, petzl said:

Well all my SpamCop email I get (legacy email address now owned by CISC)
I do not report via SpamCop as I like to send spam complaints to registrars of URL's in spam
But will get around one day to send anonymous reports to feed SpamCop's spamtrap/blocklist

I am talking about the forum accounts here. I can't get forgot password or sign up for a new account with a gmail address.

I can get a new password from the spamcop web interface to my gmail just fine. The forums are seperate accounts. 

Richard says that Invision provides and manages the forums. 

Edited by Elast

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ninth said:

Have you contacted gmail or invision about this issue?

@Richard W said he was going to contact Invision about it. I contacted him via email about it. At the time, I didn't think the emails were being sent at all, but then a found they worked to my domain email, but not gmail.

Edited by Elast

I've noticed from the logs for my hosted email that sometimes Gmail rejects messages outright rather than filing suspected spam in the spam/junk folder. I'm not sure what troubleshooting options are available to you if this is happening for your verification emails. 

I get the same at my gmail. I noticed for me, if I regularly unmark the messages as spam (and make sure the address is on my block address list), google tends to allow it to be delivered to my inbox and spam folders.