Spamcop Pop3 and Zonealarm Security Suite 6.5

Here is a strange problem I am having.. I may be able to help save someone else with the same issues

I use Eudora for my mail program and Have ZA Secuity Suite 6.5 on the system.. For the past few weeks accessing the pop.scamcop.net server has been intermittent at best. I finally narrowed down my problem to ZA. When I go into the Antivirus/antispyware section and select the advanced features and disable email scanning Eudora works fine.. I am going to report this to Zonelabs.. but am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue?

Mikeß

I finally narrowed down my problem to ZA. When I go into the Antivirus/antispyware section and select the advanced features and disable email scanning Eudora works fine.. I am going to report this to Zonelabs.. but am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue?

ZoneAlram has the feature to scan inbound Email - as you have discovered. I once found that this performed poorly when a separate anti-vrus program was also attempting to scan incoming Email. Do you have an anti-virus scanner running as well?

Andrew

ZoneAlram has the feature to scan inbound Email - as you have discovered. I once found that this performed poorly when a separate anti-vrus program was also attempting to scan incoming Email. Do you have an anti-virus scanner running as well?

Nope.. ZA is my only antivirus program... I went ahead and reported it as a bug on Zonelabs site

Mikeß

Archived