Error Message in Quick Data Report

csouter

In my previous post, I should also have mentioned that, if nothing else, this strange error (can't send report...) means at least that those of us who do "Quick Reporting" will have to check our "Quick Reporting Data" return emails much more carefully. :( When the error occurs, at least you can go back and re-report manually. That might get through, even if the automated report didn't. ;)

Hopefully, this will be MY FINAL WORD ON THIS TOPIC! :D

(C'mon, Farelf... hehe)

error:Can't send report: smtpEnvelope (2097201076.2061eca5[at]bounces.spamcop.net, abuse[at]utfors.se): smtpFrom: mail From 2097201076.2061eca5[at]bounces.spamcop.net: error (550 No expected reply from SMTP)error:Can't send report: smtpEnvelope (2097201263.2c5d1ce4[at]bounces.spamcop.net, abuse[at]glocalnet.net): smtpFrom: mail From 2097201263.2c5d1ce4[at]bounces.spamcop.net: error (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

The mystery remains!

Not much of a mystery. The Parsing server had a problem conneting to the server providing SMTP service.

Both systems involved are IronPort assets.

As I suggested in another Discussion, amd Don came in later and confirmed ..... as far as the Parsing system is concerned, the Report went out. In reality, it did not. Although, the data was applied to the statistics database.

Not much of a mystery. The Parsing server had a problem connecting to the server providing SMTP service.

Both systems involved are IronPort assets.

As I suggested in another Discussion, amd Don came in later and confirmed ..... as far as the Parsing system is concerned, the Report went out. In reality, it did not. Although, the data was applied to the statistics database.

OK, then... It just means, (for me, at least), that, from now on, I shall have to read my Quick Data Reports more carefully, and, if I see the error again, make a manual report. I suppose that the failure to connect to the SMTP server is only a temporary glitch, and all that is needed is a retry.

Thanks again for your help.

I suppose that the failure to connect to the SMTP server is only a temporary glitch, and all that is needed is a retry.

In a perfect world, this would never happen. That a couple of newsgroup threads and a half-dozen Forum Topics relating to this specific circumstance have appeared within the last couple of weeks sure seems to indicate that all is not perfect within the IronPort data-center/facility.

Archived