Updating 'abuse' and reporting contacts?

btech

I keep getting spam from a person [at] an IP that's owned by guilfordcommunications.com, but their abuse[at]guilfordcommunications.com and postmaster[at]guilfordcommunications.com both bounce.

I found some new contacts from their website and whois.. so how can we submit new addresses to be used by the reporting system?

They list: spam[at]emaildefenseservice.com (which I don't know if it's even a valid address) and nicky.smith[at]guilfordcommunications.com

I keep getting spam from a person [at] an IP that's owned by guilfordcommunications.com, but their abuse[at]guilfordcommunications.com and postmaster[at]guilfordcommunications.com both bounce.
Don't be afraid to list them with rfc-ignorant. I do that if their nominated abuse address bounces AND their abuse[at] and postmaster[at] addresses bounce. But I'm a softie. Listing there alerts the more fastidious to avoid them. See abuse.rfc-ignorant.org listing policy and postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org listing policy.

I can't remember, but it seems to me that you can submit addresses directly to abuse.net. Or is it just to report bad addresses?
Worth knowing, either way, if so. I haven't spotted it yet. Anyone? I do see facility to report bad whois records at rfc-ignorant whois.rfc-ignorant.org listing policy. Anything having the effect of turning the spotlight on the abusers has to be (potentially) useful and perhaps adds authority to dealings with upstream providers. But not in the same class as getting direct action on wonky abuse addresses.

Worth knowing, either way, if so. I haven't spotted it yet. Anyone?

For system managers

You are welcome to contribute contact information for the database, for your own domain, those of your customers, and other domains for which you've researched the contact info.

See How do I submit contact information for a domain?

copied from home page.

Miss Betsy

For system managers

You are welcome to contribute contact information for the database, for your own domain, those of your customers, and other domains for which you've researched the contact info.

Thanks Miss Betsy!

Archived