Where did the chinese spam web servers go?

rconner

Has anyone else experienced a precipitous drop in the number of spams pointing to websites hosted in the PRC? Used to be that a healthy majority (at least) of my spams pointed to Chinese websites, but as of the last month or so these have dropped to nearly zero.

I'm getting about the same volume of spam as before, so I doubt that this is due to some filter that I don't know about.

It could be random variation, but the drop seems too large for this.

-- rick

Has anyone else experienced a precipitous drop in the number of spams pointing to websites hosted in the PRC?
Interesting observation & question - there was a drop-off late December - Drop in spam due to Earthquake? but most thought it got back to "normal" fairly quickly. Maybe not? Hosted websites tend not to be looked at as closely by most (I'm guessing) reporters.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting observation & question - there was a drop-off late December - Drop in spam due to Earthquake? but most thought it got back to "normal" fairly quickly. Maybe not? Hosted websites tend not to be looked at as closely by most (I'm guessing) reporters.

I knew it was too good to last ... PRC websites are coming back strong in the past few days.

-- rick

Archived