68.165.242.252 blocked

brianw

I know the why (user on my network had a virus), but not the when. Is there somewhere I can tell when my 24 hours is up? Also, I went to get manually delisted but had a problem. Covad.net is my ISP and I'm the admin of Trinitygc.com. When I went to get delisted, they wanted to send info to email addresses to [at]covad.net, not [at]trinitygc.com. Can I change this?

Thanks,

Brian

<edit>I forgot to ask, how long after I'm delisted will it take servers to catch on to that fact and allow me to start emailing them again?</edit>

Most servers are setup to query the SCBL direcly, so once you are delisted, you should be able to send email to them immediately. Any that are using a mirrored copy of the SCBL may take several hours to get an updated copy and allow you to send emails to them.

... Covad.net is my ISP and I'm the admin of Trinitygc.com. When I went to get delisted, they wanted to send info to email addresses to [at]covad.net, not [at]trinitygc.com. Can I change this? ...
Hi Brian, short term you could email deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net and put the case to them - can't say how they might react. Your other moves would seem to be to create an ISP account with SpamCop and (separate process) register a domain abuse address - ref http://www.abuse.net/lookup.phtml?DOMAIN=trinitygc.com

HTH

Of course all of this assumes you have exclusive use of 68.165.242.252 - can't tell that from here. Most domains share IP addresses. In any event the rDNS shows h-68-165-242-252.mclnva23.covad.net and IP address lookup shows NETBLK-COVAD-IP-4-NET with net range 68.164.0.0 - 68.167.255.255, 68.164.0.0/14. If you have a permanent netblock allocation you need to get it actually allocated otherwise SpamCop and others will always be "going over your head". If you don't have exclusive use you don't have control, you are a passenger.

Archived