Spammers are human, they make mistakes ;)

Adriaan

I received this spam a couple of days ago on one of my gmail accounts.

Nice example of how they randomize their spam using a template. And in this case also waste their botnet-rental fee ;)

Delivered-To: XXXXX[at]gmail.com
Received: by 10.65.211.18 with SMTP id n18cs562239qbq;
		Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:36:32 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.35.43.10 with SMTP id v10mr10231577pyj.1172439392045;
Return-Path: <mahoney[at]shrieve.com>
Received: from nadya ([82.179.169.118])
		by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 19si8759887nzp.2007.02.25.13.36.20;
Received-SPF: error (google.com: error in processing during lookup of mahoney[at]sh
rieve.com: DNS timeout)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:36:22 -0800 (PST)
Received: from 192.168.0.%RND_DIGIT (203-219-%DIGSTAT2-%STATDIG.%RND_FROM_DOMAIN
 [203.219.%DIGSTAT2.%STATDIG]) by mail%SINGSTAT.%RND_FROM_DOMAIN (envelope-from 
%FROM_EMAIL) (8.13.6/8.13.6) with SMTP id %STATWORD for <%TO_EMAIL>; %CURRENT_DA
TE_TIME
Message-Id: <%RND_DIGIT[10].%STATWORD[at]mail%SINGSTAT.%RND_FROM_DOMAIN> 

%MESSAGE_BODY

Yeah, thanks for that Adriaan. karlisma posted one here recently too - thanks to both.

A broken one I saw once had something like From: <%RND_FEMALE_NAME> which is the "human engineering" aspect coming into play. As I commented "here" at the time, men, against all evidence to the contrary, expect to be hurt less by women than by other men - hence female names tend to be more trusted. Women are seldom spammers in real life of course - they have better things to do.

My guess is that it is a wannaberich who has been sucked into buying a spam package. IMHO, a certain percentage of spam is from those who buy the packages, send a few spam runs, and then discover that it is more work to get the 'millions' promised and quit (or never do figure out how to fill in those random words). I also think that's why spam sometimes increases on weekends (they haven't quit their day job).

In fact, my bet is that there are more people getting rich on selling lists and how- to-spam programs than are getting rich from sending spam.

Miss Betsy

also think that's why spam sometimes increases on weekends (they haven't quit their day job).

maybe that's because of 48 hours "spam validity" time at this service?

Maybe they are flooding on Friday-Saturday night, 'couse they know that I will do my reporting on Monday?

...Maybe they are flooding on Friday-Saturday night, 'couse they know that I will do my reporting on Monday?
I prefer to believe it is because they have nothing better to do on their weekends, such as dating. Their inability to breed with humans would define them as a separate species, which has the "ring of truth" about it, yes? Adriaan was being kind, I think, in writing the title of this topic.

I would go along with your inference about spammers inability to breed... If that is true one would hope that would lead to their eventual extinction.. I just hope someone would come up with an innovative idea to speed their extinction up...

Their parentage may be defective but there's no denying their sense of pathos - noted in a recent pharms image "This image passed through all filters ...". Dream on, my little Korean spamcicle.

Archived