Flog

bobbear

For years I've been targeted by money laundering internet fraudsters, starting with the Honda Handel scammers through Eco-life, Eco-Swiss, Swiss Invest, Bronsard Advantage, Norden United, many others, & now FIC Financial & Radius Investments - all using an identical MO of zombie botnets to propagate the fraud site.

It's occasionally been problematic to get abuse teams to take action as each team comes into the problem cold and it's difficult to get them to understand the problem & appreciate the history without a huge repetitive abuse report, so I'm trying out a simple fraud log or 'Flog'©, possibly for each fraudsters incarnation, (I'm playing it by ear), to provide a point of reference to refer to in the abuse report which will hopefully, (if the abuse teams bother to look at it....), make them aware of the MO, the history and the fact that other abuse teams have acted positively & their actions, (or not), will be recorded as thanks or brickbats.

I hope it will also enable me to make my abuse reports a lot less wordy...

So far the results seem to be encouraging. Any comments welcome, (negative or positive).

It's http://www.bobbear.net/

It sounds like a good idea! You never know when data will come in handy, and if the abuse desk looks at it, it would make their job easier. I think that I would put the abuse desk paragraph at the top of the page (or at least a link to it) if this page is what you are asking them to look at.

Also, I would put the latest flog entry (or a pithy statement about the flog) in the email to the abuse desk with the link as 'more' information and where the flog is on the page (or have a link at the top of the page to go directly to the flog.

Miss Betsy

It sounds like a good idea! You never know when data will come in handy, and if the abuse desk looks at it, it would make their job easier. I think that I would put the abuse desk paragraph at the top of the page (or at least a link to it) if this page is what you are asking them to look at.

Also, I would put the latest flog entry (or a pithy statement about the flog) in the email to the abuse desk with the link as 'more' information and where the flog is on the page (or have a link at the top of the page to go directly to the flog.

Miss Betsy

Good suggestions. It's just growing like Topsy at the moment & shortly I will rearrange it all. As you say, it's got to make things easier for the abuse teams to come to the 'right' decision, but I'm acutely aware that they have very little time to devote to any one case so the relevant message has to be kept in the most effective order and as short as I can make it without losing too much meaning.

Nice work bobbear, a huge effort. Things seem to be moving very quickly at the moment - don't see how you can possibly keep the blog up to date. Still, that's a *good* thing in the sense that the impasse has ended.

I won't always be able to keep it up to date on a daily basis, but most days I hope I can keep on top of it - I should be able to match this fraudster hit for hit with a bit of luck. I'll probably have to split it up into the fixed section and the updated section that will just contain the last few weeks action. I'll see how it goes, and perhaps think about it more over the weekend. It does seem to be making reporting easier & more importantly more effective. I even had a confirmation of action taken from ENOM's legal dept on one of the crooks nameserver domains (non-st.com) for the Radius Group scammer which is a first.....You never know, I might even get a response from Joker...(mind that flying pig....)

Archived