Innocent bystander

danathex

I registered in your service for the sole purpose of finding out why I can no longer send email to my workmates. In the past week most (not all) of my emails to my co-workers have been returned to me because your service says I am a spammer. When I click on your link I find 68.6.19.244 is listed as the offender. However, when I enter my IP address (I am currently using a cable modem, therefore I have a static IP address for the first time, but it is not 68.6.19.244) I am not listed. Would someone please help me to restore my ability to send emails to my co-workers?

Thanks,

Dan

your service says I am a spammer

No the bounce is saying your message went through a server which is (or was) also sending spam, in particular, sending them to spamtraps. It is not currently listed according to http://mailsc.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=68.6.19.244

68.6.19.244 is fed1mtao01.cox.net

This looks like it might be one of cox.net's outbound mail servers which would explain why your messages mentioned this IP address.

IP 68.6.19.244 is a cox mailserver IP and it was listed and has been delisted since Thu Mar 25 01:24:01 2004 GMT Your cable modem has a static IP but you send mail thru your ISP mailservers and this is the cox mailsever. In any case it is delisted and you should be able to send mail now.

That is a cox server which was just delisted.

If you share a server with others that spam then you are no longer an innocent bystander. It is a shame that spammers spoil it for everyone.

Just hope cox stays on top of their spammers and you should not have any problems.

viruses. Retaliation perhaps, anoying, however futile....

IMHO, it is very unlikely that viruses are sent in retaliation. What would be the point? People who report spam are not likely to get infected. As you say, "futile"

What is more likely to have happened is that the same spam run sent spam to an infected machine. Then your email address is on the infected machine and the virus picks it up.

Miss Betsy

Archived