Is SpamCop reporting "down"?

macuzer

I've been using SpamCop for years. For the past two weeks I have been forwarding spam to the appropriate address, but I have not received a single piece of email from SPAMCOP to file reports. None of the messages have been returned as undeliverable. Last night I counted over 200 sends that have not yet received a return email. Is SpamCop down? What is happening? It seems so odd to not find anything in my emailbox from SpamCop!!

I've been using SpamCop for years. For the past two weeks I have been forwarding spam to the appropriate address, but I have not received a single piece of email from SPAMCOP to file reports. None of the messages have been returned as undeliverable. Last night I counted over 200 sends that have not yet received a return email. Is SpamCop down? What is happening? It seems so odd to not find anything in my emailbox from SpamCop!!

Hi, macuzer!

...There are already a number of postings on this subject, including No notifications, Held back 3 or 4 hours, the last reply to which has a link which may answer your question.

The only thing that I see is useful in that link is that "sometimes the servers get backed up" Maybe it is too early in the morning. :P

Have you gone to the website to see if you have "Unreported spam"?

If you have gone that long without a notification, you will probably have to delete most of it as "too old to report." - if there is any there.

Are you using the email service? If you are, you might ask in the email help and see if the delay has anything to do with whether or not you have configured mailhosts.

However, it is a problem that has cropped up frequently lately so report back if you get it fixed or if you don't get it fixed, what you did try to do.

Miss Betsy

Are you using the email service?  If you are, you might ask in the email help and see if the delay has anything to do with whether or not you have configured mailhosts.

No, Miss Betsy, I do not subscribe to the paid component of SpamCop. I am continued to be totally bewildered at what may be happening. I guess it is just "me" based on the number of replies here. I don't know if my free account has been terminated or what. Again, I don't get any bounced back messages that the reporting email address I am using is invalid. Just very weird. I'll go check out the other links that folks have supplied, but this is WAY beyond several hours (which I have experienced all too often). This is now TWO WEEKS.

OK, I see a question asked, but no answer. Have you gone to the web site? Can you get to the screen with the big paste-your-spam-in-here box? What "we're" looking for is whther or not your account is in fact still valid (something even you alludded to) ... that you say you see no bounces or rejections just may in fact reflect that there was an issue and your account has been killed ... but, let's try to rule that out by seeing your response to "hitting the web page" ...

Archived