Social engineering by drug spammer

rconner

Spammer apologizes to me (tracking link), saying that I'd better buy his drugs before April 30 because (quick, fetch the smelling salts) it will be ILLEGAL after that date for him to sell me anything without a written prescription:

Due to new laws, we will be required to ask for physician letters for

any orders made after April 30th.

Any existing clients will not have to worry about this, but new clients

are urged to order before the end of April.

If you order before or on April 30th then any future orders will be

exempt from this new law.

Of course, two of the three URLs the moron gives are incorrect and nonfunctional, so it might be hard for me to find out how to be "grandfathered in" before the hand of law comes down.

-- rick

Actually, I reckon I knew that spammer's uncle. He used to own a rug store but I think it closed down. Just as pills won't be offered from today (well, a few minutes and/or hours to go for some). The truly disturbing thing is, people fall for it. There should be a reservation/island/planet or something ... question is, for them or us?

Thank goodness the deadline has been extended beyond May 1 according to the latest spam:

We are sorry to regret but starting May 15th, 2007 we will require

physician notes for any orders placed by NEW CUSTOMERS.

We would recommend that if you are not already an existing customer than

by placing an order prior to May 15th would exempt you from any

physician notes in the future.

"sorry to regret..." sheesh.

-- rick

Yep, and guess what, that rug store is still in business too! Oh frabjous day. Who said the universe is uncaring? Or maybe that was the sea. No, that's "cruel". The jungle then? Nope, that is "neutral". Hmm ... "nature, red in tooth and claw." Heck, for a while there things were looking rosy/cosy but I'm finding difficulty amassing supporting evidence. Don't try to look important, they might be short of ammo. Swim with a mate, give the shark a choice.

Archived