[Resolved] Can't delete or report spam

elind

I have two held mail spam items that won't report or delete. If I try to report them I get back a message "cannot change #####" and the spam shows up on the list again except the item number has incremented. Same thing if I try to delete them. New spam shows up below these two items and is processed and removed from the list as normal.

?????

I assume you are using the "Remove all unreported spam" to try to delete.

It apparently makes a difference whether you use the web form or email on how spam gets stuck. See This topic for more discussion

However, I think the upshot of the discussion was that Don fixed it so your best course is to email him (and his email address is somewhere in the FAQ - I don't want to give it from memory and I don't want to look for it because the sun is getting in my eyes so I have to stop).

Miss Betsy

I assume you are using the "Remove all unreported spam" to try to delete.

No, I'm checking the boxes and selecting DELETE (or reporting - makes no difference). I have no "unreported spam" option in this case.

Perhaps someone from spamcop will read this. I have come up empty trying to find a bug report option.

No, I'm checking the boxes and selecting DELETE (or reporting - makes no difference). I have no "unreported spam" option in this case.

PM me your account details, information on just which e-mails are at issue .. noting yet again that I am only a volunteer

or

contact the only person with total access to the e-mail account servers, providing similar data, if you want to go with it being a SpamCOp.net e-mail account issue ... or, as referenced in the previous posts, contact the Admin on the Reporting side of the house .... your answer didn't actually clear anything up as far as "webmail" or VER interface .....

Perhaps someone from spamcop will read this. I have come up empty trying to find a bug report option.

Where to get Help .. the Wiki page offered up on the basis that none of the FAQs, Pinned items, Announcements, red-text links, thousands of previous posts, Topics, and Discussions have been found sufficient to lead to to an answer to that situation.

Thanks. I found the contact area and have sent a question.

Since I can't even forward the messages to myself, I have nothing but the entries in the held mail list to go by and can't add any other diagnostic information.

I have two held mail spam items that won't report or delete.

The "Held Mail" part tells me you have an Email Filtering account, as opposed to a "reporting only" account.

Try logging into your account at http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp and using the "Folders" button. Then click on the litte + plus sign so you can see a list of your folders. Select the Held Mail folder, and then use the "Empty folder" option from the drop-down action menu. That should get rid of your pesky emails.

Just so there's no confusion... I work for the reporting side of SpamCop, which is a completely separate company from the Email Service you have your account with. All I can offer is advice.

Your contact at the Email Service is Jeff, the owner, at: service[at]cesmail.net

- Don D'Minion -

Thanks, Don, for helping elind out.

Sorry, I didn't notice the 'held' mail in the first post so that I could have sent her to the correct person. I was in a hurry because of the sun and didn't notice that it was not really a reporting problem. I knew as soon as the 'delete or report' post, but by that time it was too late.

Miss Betsy

Thanks for the replies. I haven't checked here for a few days.

The messages are now gone, but I didn't do anything. The last time I reported my held mail list they were still there. Then the next time they were THREE (one new one), and I thought, uhoh.

Then the next report they disappeared.

I thought spamcop may have looked at it and cleared the list, but maybe the spammers have figured out how to delay reporting until the messages have expired !!!

just kidding.

Archived