Spam sent now to my spamcop.net account

My setup is that I only use SPAMCOP to retrieve server messages for my other accounts.

I am now receivng spam sent to my spamcop.net account which I have NEVER used for anything at all.

Can I have spamcop stop receiveing and reporting to spam directly any item sent to my spamcop.net account?

My setup is that I only use SPAMCOP to retrieve server messages for my other accounts.

I am now receivng spam sent to my spamcop.net account which I have NEVER used for anything at all.

Can I have spamcop stop receiveing and reporting to spam directly any item sent to my spamcop.net account?

As a sort of spamtrap? Not really but using quick reporting (as distinct from "standard" reporting) would make it very ... er quick ... and easy if you were to stop forwarding to your SC account from your other accounts. But why should you? You should be getting the direct benefit of your account. I don't think that would be the way to go. With filtering it should be quite easy to sideline a good proportion of the spam to your SC account and from the others for quick reporting.

The question needs to be put as to how come spammers found your address though. They mostly don't bother retaliating but do you have munging selected in your reporting options?

Just generally, you might like to look through the latter parts of http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6768 where some account tweaks and settings are discussed in detail. I think you will be wanting to ask some more questions - please don't hesitate to do that. If you take a look at the "How we use SpamCop" or Wicki "How I use SpamCop items they will be useful.

Thanks

I think the thieves got the address from my one ogf my cookies... I have it setup so that when I brign up spamcop my email and password are already there so all I have to is click LOGIN.

Can I change my spamcop email account name and delete the old one?

J

...You originally entitled your post as "spam sent now to my spamcop.net account directly." "spam" is a trademark of Hormel Corporation, so please do not use it here to refer to unsolicited e-mail (spam). Please see spam and the Internet, especially the third paragraph. Thanks! I have changed the topic title to comply with Hormel's polite request.

Archived