What else may be considered 'repeat reporting'?

washmail

I use s/w called "MailWasher" for my email monitoring and spam reporting. It looks up DNS listings for potential spam. When it informs me that a spam is recognised by SpamCop, I'm not sure if I should then report it.

I.E.: Does SpamCop like or dislike sending multiple (but individual) reports re a particular source?

:unsure:

I use s/w called "MailWasher" for my email monitoring and spam reporting. It looks up DNS listings for potential spam. When it informs me that a spam is recognised by SpamCop, I'm not sure if I should then report it.

I.E.: Does SpamCop like or dislike sending multiple (but individual) reports re a particular source?

As long as you SC report only once for each piece of spam "SC" doesn't care however listings usually expire within 24 hours of the last abuse so if nobody reports after the first listing the miscreant IP address might drop off the BL while the spew continues. So - keep reporting if you are able, don't be concerned whether the originating IP address is on the SCBL or not.

Oh yeah - reputation score. Listing in the BL uses reputation score as part of the equation, it is said. Reputation score bears some realtionship to the ham:spam ratio. If reporters were to stop reporting as soon as an IP address is listed that ratio would be artificially improved. More reason to keep the reporting going, regardless.

Archived