Really lame scammer

rconner

(tracking link)

Not much to say here other than that this is really, reallly sad. This person should report to the clinic forthwith to have his meds adjusted.

SpamCop wouldn't file any reports, evidently earlier reporters got through and the ISP claims to have shut down the spewing address.

-- rick

In edit: I note that this clown sent the mail to the addy I post on my spam website, which means either that he went there himself and clicked on my mailto link, or else got the addy from some "helpful" soul who wanted to see him get busted right away (I get more than a few of this sort of scam at this address, so I'm wondering whether the latter isn't what's going on).

Lame indeed. I see there is misuse of a Yahoo account supposedly involved. You could try raising that with those good folk though it is said to be a testing process, since it doesn't involve the actual issue of spam form the Yahoo account. Quite a bit of discussion on that point but unfortunately all the key data for a search also drags up just about every second post ever made ...

Lame indeed. I see there is misuse of a Yahoo account supposedly involved. You could try raising that with those good folk though it is said to be a testing process, since it doesn't involve the actual issue of spam form the Yahoo account. Quite a bit of discussion on that point but unfortunately all the key data for a search also drags up just about every second post ever made ...

Thanks. I already manually LARTed this to Yahoo, as I generally do in the case of scam mail. I've tried (gingerly) fingering some of these accounts in the past, and have some reason to believe that Yahoo does get around to closing these addresses down if you show that they are linked with criminal activity and not just pasted in as camouflage.

-- rick

Archived