No mail today!

mwinton

Spamcop stopped delivering any email to my account today. I can still Quick Report, and receive a notification to my Inbox, but none of the SMTP mail going into my server, and then into Spamcop, is making it out again. It is not in HELD mail, and is not getting to the Inbox. Any ideas? I had not set up Mailhosts, although I did view the link...

but none of the SMTP mail going into my server, and then into Spamcop

Do your logs show successful transactions? If so, you may need to ask JT directly at service at spamcop.net. In the past, this scenario ends up to a situation where there was some disconnect for a while, SpamCop tried for a bit, then gave up (based on SpamCop forwarding the e-mail to you) ... If this is a possibility, the usual suggestion is to log in, hit your preferences, remove and reinsert your address to kind of talk the SpamCop e-mail server to restart it's delivery schedule.

I had not set up Mailhosts, although I did view the link...

Shouldn't have anything to do with the above e-mail items, the mail-hosts thing is a "reporting" issue.

It seems the problem was on the SMTP server side, not at Spamcop. The POP log did not show any errors on SC, but the SMTP did not show any errors either. For some reason the SMTP server stopped tossing messages, and they just went into bit bucket hell for awhile. All fixed, but I thought it might have to do with some new logic algorithm from SC. Thanks for the help.

Archived