Spamcop checking POP3 account - how often?

eludlow

How often does Spamcop check external mail accounts? All my mail is routed to one email address which spamcop then POP3s to, filters the mail and then forwards to an address which I pick up the mail from.

My question is, how often does spamcop check the POP3 accounts? If there any way to up the frequency this happens? It seems that over the last few days it's been becoming less and less frequent.

Cheers,

Ed Ludlow

How often does Spamcop check external mail accounts? All my mail is routed to one email address which spamcop then POP3s to, filters the mail and then forwards to an address which I pick up the mail from.

My question is, how often does spamcop check the POP3 accounts? If there any way to up the frequency this happens? It seems that over the last few days it's been becoming less and less frequent.

As soon as the last account is done, the process starts again. It usually averages out to about 15 minutes, but large numbers of messages or many accounts will slow that down. I know my Yahoo account has been getting slammed with Rolex ads again. 1 valid message overnight, 10 spam messages.

You can speed it up by getting more people to stop using the feature or to regulate how much email they get ;)

Seriously, if you are worried about the speed it is received, you should try to have your other account forward it to spamcop. That will be immediate and lightens the burden on spamcop's systems.

Ahh I understand. Well then, I've just changed so that my yahoo email address (where ALL other mail is routed...) now forwards to spamcop - SC then filters this and forwards to a "secret" address (random numbers and letters and symbols, another yahoo address) that I pick up from....

Fingers crossed it's all workin :unsure:

Thanks for your help,

Ed

Archived