RR response/actions

KillSpammers

Moderator Edit: extracted from http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry61497

All, RR is about the largest spam and scam supporting ISP in America (next to Cogentco). So it's no surprise they are blocking SC reports. We sent hundreds of complaints to them for the SAME IP addresses and about the same websites, which go ignored and the attacks continue.

-Rick

All, RR is about the largest spam and scam supporting ISP in America (next to Cogentco). So it's no surprise they are blocking SC reports. We sent hundreds of complaints to them for the SAME IP addresses and about the same websites, which go ignored and the attacks continue.

Not at all sure how this relates to the actual subject of this Topic/Discussion.

Personally debating about the use of an actual deletion, but ... not the normal way of things done in these parts. Therefore, breaking it out of the Pinned Topic/Discussion it was posted into and making it a stand-alone entry in the Lounge area.

Not at all sure how this relates to the actual subject of this Topic/Discussion.

You again. Why am I not surprised. I can see you're going to be a problem. If you would bother to check the original thread again and the first post, you would see it's a thread about RoadRunner blocking SC email!!

Personally debating about the use of an actual deletion, but ... not the normal way of things done in these parts.

I don't know who's "debating" what, I only asked what happened to my post because it was deleted without any message to me! Farelf was kind enough to tell me in a PM what happened, and that it was moved here.

Therefore, breaking it out of the Pinned Topic/Discussion it was posted into and making it a stand-alone entry in the Lounge area

Well it kind of looses it's contextual aspect here, but at least the original thread is noted. I guess this is now a thread on ISP's and hosts that condone abuse, scams and harassment. ?

Well, VDI is another one. So, that's RR, Cogentco, VDI.....AOL, Verizon,...........

It's so bad I've had to block huge IP ranges via cPanel's Email Filters and the "IP Deny" area for those ISP's. Of course, unfortunately I've had to block just about all of RIPE, APNIC and LACNIC. I don't do any business in those areas due to scams, so there's no loss there.

The topic you posted in is about ISPs who block 'outgoing' spamcop submissions from reporters, mostly. I haven't reread the whole topic, but it may also include problems with receiving spamcop autoresponses to reports and not being able to report because the reporter's ISP bounced spamcop autoresponses.

As you see, the topic is about /reporter/ problems.

Your comments are about a server admin who is blocking IP addresses to avoid getting spam.

Some reporters who have problems with reporting might have been confused by your post - particularly if they are just end users.

Other server admins may want to chime in with your 'rant' or some server admins who are new to blocking may get some information - or want to ask what IP ranges you are blocking. They would not be likely to see your comments in the previous topic since it is about reporter problems, not server admin problems. Here in the Lounge, others may see your post and be interested.

Miss Betsy

Archived