Help

acunico

Hello All,

network provider of my ISP is probably marked as spammer (I don't know where).

Have I chances to write to my correspondent in that network (meridian.cc)? What I have to do to be able to mail them?

Thank you for help me or address me to the correct path.

Best Regards

Alex

Hello Alex

You can contact your friend by opening a web email account (such as yahoo or hotmail - both free). There are other web email services also. You can use that account to email your friend.

And you should complain to your ISP that you cannot use your email service to email your friend because your friend does not want to receive spam also. It may be that someone on your network has a virus infected machine that the spammers are using to send spam. It may be that a spammer is also using the same IP address you are using and your ISP needs to cancel his account.

If you need more help, you need to find out the IP address you are emailing from. People will help you to find out what the problem is.

Miss Betsy

Thank you Betsy for your prompt reply.

I arrived to this forum adviced by returned email. "Spamming" address is 193.70.192.127 is smtp3.libero.it

libero is the domain from my email account exit on the network.

I have other emails, but this is the one linked to the isp (very comfortable for imap).

When you say people could help me when I know the ip address, do you mean I have to contact my ISP or the provider refusing my mail?

I believed my mail was refused by spamcop.net (my domain is supposed to be in black list).

I mean, will this address definitely remain in the black list or there are dynamic policies to manage "bad sender"?

Thanks

Alex

libero.it has not been very cooperative about removing sources of spam from its network.

The way spamcop works is that it lists networks that are a source of spam as long as spam is coming from that network.

If you cannot get libero.it to do something about the spam coming from libero.it, then you will have to use one of your other email addresses to contact those friends whose ISP's use the spamcop blocklist to protect their clients against spam.

I don't have time right now to look it up, but there are several other blocklists that ISP's use. libero.it may be on some of those also. You may discover that other contacts of yours will refuse emails from libero.it.

It may not be easy to get libero.it to change their policies, but unless spam stops coming from their network, that IP address will not come off the spamcop blocklist. spamcop is entirely automatic. Since spamcop is automatic, the IP address may come off for a day or so until spam is again reported.

So you need to contact libero.it and tell them that their email service is unreliable.

If you get the IP address from them and post back here, then people can give you the information to try to convince libero.it to change their policies.

Miss Betsy

please see http://www.moensted.dk/spam/?addr=193.70.1...7&Submit=Submit to see the listings of the numbers of folks that are not happy with the way libero.it handles it's e-mail servers. SpamCop is but only one, and noting that SpamCop is also the only one that will allow the possible list removal automatically, should libero.it ever change its ways ...

Archived