I do not trust weekend[at]bbn.cn

ka112

I see that often in the "Administrator of network hosting website referenced in spam"-field that weekend[at]bbn.cn is surgested. I get the feeling that that adress is associated with the bad guys just like sertain earlier adresses.

Can a "Administrator of network hosting website referenced in spam" be it's own ISP and is my suspisions correct?

/Anders

I see that often in the "Administrator of network hosting website referenced in spam"-field that weekend[at]bbn.cn is surgested. I get the feeling that that adress is associated with the bad guys just like sertain earlier adresses.

The e-mail address you cite is currently used as an abuse contact for a Chinese provider (ZBYD) well known for a long history of unapologetic spam support. Here's a report from Spamhaus (external link) on an address in this block.

Earlier, this outfit used different abuse contact addresses but they were invariably listed as "bounces" by SpamCop. The new address does not bounce, which might be good news for us if this address is being serviced; or, it might as you suggest be a contact for the spammer himself.

Whatever the case, I certainly would not trust anything that ZBYD had to say at this point.

-- rick

It's more effective to use the Complainterator tool on the back end to report the name servers, than it is to send to these black-hole email addresses/hosts.
Now that you mention it, does anyone know of any prospects at all for porting Complainterator to MacOS? I would give it a try, but can't run it at all.

-- rick

Archived