What's Going On With Held Mail?

I always get 30-50 spam emails per day in my spamcop.net "Held" folder. During the last 18 hours, I haven't received a single held email, although I am receiving mail from addresses in my whitelist.

Anyone know what's happening here, perhaps system maintenance? I've never experienced a complete stoppage of held spam like this before.

I always get 30-50 spam emails per day in my spamcop.net "Held" folder. During the last 18 hours, I haven't received a single held email, although I am receiving mail from addresses in my whitelist.

Anyone know what's happening here, perhaps system maintenance? I've never experienced a complete stoppage of held spam like this before.

I am continuing to receive messages in my Held Mail folder, though maybe a bit lighter than average. I had 8 messages in the last ~8 hours, where usually I would have ~12 or so.

Just an update, still not a single email in my Held Folder during the last 48 hours.

Something has definitely changed with the email processing, as I would expect over 100 Helds by now, based upon much past experience. I'm concerned because I am also missing any false positives that end up as being Held. and now cannot be released.

UPDATE: I logged into Webmail and saw current activity in the Grey List Pending folder, but none of the pendings showed more than one attempt. I then turned OFF grey listing and began to receive mail again into my Held folder. CONCLUSION: Something has recently changed with the way Spamcop is handling grey list processing OR suddenly none the spam servers are retrying.

UPDATE: I logged into Webmail and saw current activity in the Grey List Pending folder, but none of the pendings showed more than one attempt. I then turned OFF grey listing and began to receive mail again into my Held folder. CONCLUSION: Something has recently changed with the way Spamcop is handling grey list processing OR suddenly none the spam servers are retrying.

In my experience, NO spam server (for the generic type of spam I get) would ever retry. Perhaps you were on a list twice so greylisting was letting the second attempt through. I do not use greylisting because I want all the spam I can to report.

In my experience, NO spam server (for the generic type of spam I get) would ever retry. Perhaps you were on a list twice so greylisting was letting the second attempt through. I do not use greylisting because I want all the spam I can to report.

The 30 - 50 spams I was receiving per day were all getting past the greylisting.

I'm having the same experience. I was averaging 30 or so spam messages in my Held Mail folder per day. For the last two weeks, I have had only one or two spam messages hit my Held Mail folder (that's an average of one per week--not one or two per day). I have not made any changes to my configurationand I have always used the greylisting feature.

My pending and rejected greylisted messages lists reflect that there has been activity, but nothing has made it through to my held mail folder for a couple of weeks.

Archived