douglaspublications.com reporting?

mrmaxx

Anyone got a valid upstream complaint for douglaspublications.com? I keep getting spammed by them on their "HR & Workplace" email list, which I never signed up to receive. I've tried sending them emails, I've tried reporting them, I've tried sending complaints to their mail host (visi.net) but abuse[at]visi.net bounces and they appear to ignore postmaster[at]visi.net, or at least nothing has ever been done to get me off their spam list.

Any suggestions for a valid upstream that will pay attention to a spam complaint?

Not really. Their mail-host (visi.net) is in RFC-Ignorant for bouncing abuse messages.. Trust me I've tried to send Manual LARTs to them, but all I ever get is a bounce message. I honestly don't know WHY SC offers to report to them.

I was thinking maybe someone would be able to advise visi.net's upstream so I can bang on their door. :)

<snip>

Their mail-host (visi.net) is in RFC-Ignorant for bouncing abuse messages.. Trust me I've tried to send Manual LARTs to them, but all I ever get is a bounce message. I honestly don't know WHY SC offers to report to them.

<snip>

...The hits in the link I suggested talk about more than just the parent of the offending domain. For example, Auna.es not accepting abuse reports? has a contribution from contributor "Jeff G" that contains links to another SpamCop Forum post and a SpamCop News post. Did you try those? There were a total of "about 1,130" results today in the output from that Google inquiry.

...The hits in the link I suggested talk about more than just the parent of the offending domain. For example, Auna.es not accepting abuse reports? has a contribution from contributor "Jeff G" that contains links to another SpamCop Forum post and a SpamCop News post. Did you try those? There were a total of "about 1,130" results today in the output from that Google inquiry.

Well, I glanced at the first couple pages, but nothing really seemed apropos to the discussion at hand. There may have been something there, but I really don't have the time or inclination to search through all 1000+ results. :) Guess I'll just go plop a note to Ellen and the rest of the deputies in spamcop.routing. :) Let *them* figure it out.

(later) Well, I think I finally figured it out. Visi.net was acquired by NetTelcos. I'm guessing either visi.net disabled their abuse account and NetTelcos never re-enabled it or NetTelcos disabled the visi.net abuse account when they acquired visi.net and no one ever bothered to notify abuse.net. :) In any event, I have advised the deputies in spamcop.routing and hopefully that will get updated.

<snip>

(later) Well, I think I finally figured it out. Visi.net was acquired by NetTelcos. I'm guessing either visi.net disabled their abuse account and NetTelcos never re-enabled it or NetTelcos disabled the visi.net abuse account when they acquired visi.net and no one ever bothered to notify abuse.net. :) In any event, I have advised the deputies in spamcop.routing and hopefully that will get updated.

...Thanks for posting the hopeful news! Please keep us updated via this Forum thread.

Archived