Help req'd with HTML problems

I am a newbie to Spamcop. It lifts my mail from Freeserve in the UK, removes spam as I wanted and then I wanted it to redirect it to another mail address. It does this BUT the mail displays with no HTML and "odd" characters through the message such as

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What have I got set up wrongly please? I am using Becky as my email client which will display plain or HTML.

I know that I can read mail live on the Spamcop site but often my emails contain detail I wish to retain and store.

Thanks

Dave

I'm going to start backwards to your query ...

often my emails contain detail I wish to retain and store.

All the data is still present and accounted for. Just rendered in plain text, rather than all the pretty pictures and blasting colors. If you really have to see it in all it's ugly glory, simply copy everything between the <HTML> and </HTML> tags, save it inot a file somewhere on your system as "somefilename.HTNL" .. then open it with your web browser. I just can't recall ever receiving an e-mail where I felt the need for this.

can read mail live on the Spamcop site

But you say you have your e-mail forwarded to another account?

using Becky as my email client which will display plain or HTML

Fine, but let's make a note;

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

None of the above lines say anything about HTML content. These alos are not "odd" characters, they are lines that define to the e-mail reader application how it should interpret the follwing data .. and again "text/plain" is a long way from "text/html" or "text/multi-part alternative"

redirect it to another mail address. It does this BUT the mail displays with no HTML

The original e-mail apparently had headers that defined it as containing HTML, so your e-mail app handled it accordingly. The e-mail that you "redirected" has a new header attached to handle that "redirect" and that header says "here's a copy of the original e-mail" and that copy is just that ... a copy of the text of the original message that also happens to contain all the HTML codes .. but this "last" header was sent with the Content-Type: Text/plain, so your e-mail app does not pull up the tools to render it as HTML. All the orginal content is still there, just buried in all the HTML garbage.

Archived