Romania, the new blackhole?

btech

Anyone else noticed a large number of Romanian ISPs being abused?

Specifically, an Olcab IP seems to be hosting several spamvertized domains:

http://whois.domaintools.com/89.38.113.102

I see that there's over 600 domains hosted on this IP address and it's the most commonly used in spam I receive.

I personally have sent them at least 100 SC reports... I wonder if they're trying to resolve the problem or just don't care?

I personally have sent them at least 100 SC reports... I wonder if they're trying to resolve the problem or just don't care?

I receive a lot of spams touting websites hosted there. Looks like a watch-seller has roosted there. I'd vote for your latter explanation.

-- rick

I've got spam and viruses from there ever since I started reporting here. If you search this lounge you will find some long threads. The irony is that despite being able to communicate with them in their language I have never been able to make them stop. I have gone to very high levels inside their government agencies that supposidely are their gateways to internet and was able to shut down some ISPs but it is very time consuming work. Spamhouse has mentioned gangs opperating there for years, some are quite nepharious some are one man scams and they are hard to catch as they move around quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Come to think of it, I have received more spam than ever since reporting to them.

My average daily inbox spam is 15-20. For three days it's been 150-200. Today I have received HUNDREDS of delivery failure notices as spammers are using my email as the "from" address. More than the usual spam program "use a random email from the disk for the reply-to header".

The last time was some Russians and when Spamcop /dev/nulled the reports to those ISP's, the spam actually went away.

I'm cancelling any reports from now on to olcab.ro :(

The Asians are really bad, but they have never hit me with revenge spam.

Good news is that Olcab is now reporting to what looks like THEIR provider... the spamvertized sites are still on these IPs, but I hope the new recipients will pressure the downstream ISP to take action.

Archived