Query posted badly in so many ways

Wazoo

Reported Post from Welcome to the SpamCop BlockList Help Forum!

Wazoo,

You have been sent this communication from suhadeen via the "Report this post to a moderator" link.

------------------------------------------------

Topic: Welcome to the SpamCop BlockList Help Forum!

Link to post: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry36290

Report:

my email addressed 90% of the ttimes is blocked from a certain receipient. can you tell me why pelase? never happened with any other account.

Regards,

The SpamCop Discussion team.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php

For starters, use of the Report (this post) button includes its own desription and definition;

Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the post and the topic title.

This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

Noting that the registered e-mail address of the user involved certainly suggests that English is at least one of the languages known and used. Therefore it is not understood why a Welcome to this Forum Section would be the subject of an attempt to Report a bad/objectionable post in an attempt to ask a Frequently Asked Question.

As to the question .. once again, not enough data to actually try to do much analysis on. For instance, why would this question be any different from the seemingly thousands of times it has been previously asked? Why would it not already be covered within the FAQ here, entries built up because it had been repeatedly asked? Technophobe that I am, I simply can't understand why a question like Why is my e-mail Blocked? is invisible in the FAQ, Wiki, etc. when titled as Why is my e-mail Blocked?

There is the issue of no definition of "blocked" ... as the SpamCopDNSBL was not mentioned, this was placed into the Lounge. Mentioned in the numerous How to post a question items scattered throughout this Forum, one of the suggested data items to post would be the error/rejection notice provided in such a 'blockage' .... this notice usually helps to identify the reason for the issue, although noting that the message is based on how the SysAdmin configured the system, so sometimes it ends up being useless. Another bit of data would be the IP Address of the e-mail server involved.

PM sent to advise user against the use of the Report this Post button and then pointed to this Topic in hopes that the query can be flushed out with actual information such that someone might be able to provide a specific clue ... the generalities already having been addressed in the FAQ, Wiki, and previous Topics and Discussions on the same subject matter.

Archived