Hail to Thee, spam U.

rconner

See tracking link.

Blogger link in the spam redirects (via scri_pt chicanery) to a fancy website touting "Heritage International University," one of those outfits with no campus, no postal address, no telephone number, and no other means to contact them besides a web form (which appears to be broken at the moment). HIU is, however, accredited by the ICHEDU (no, I've never heard of them either, nor has Google, they've only been online since this May).

You can get degrees in Information Technology and Criminology, which may prove useful later on when dealing with these guys.

The hoot is that they even have their own "store" (via a link to CafePress) where visitors can buy, among other items, logo-emblazoned T-shirts for their dogs (who surely deserve something for having shown the perspicacity not to visit the HIU site themselves).

Most of the diploma mill spam I get refers me to telephone answering machines; I don't get such fancy ones very often.

-- rick

... Most of the diploma mill spam I get refers me to telephone answering machines; I don't get such fancy ones very often. ...
Cheeky bugger must reckon he's a fledgling Leopold Strabismus - he should be defenstrated while he's still in down.

[on edit - my mistake, that aspirant would be fellow ICHEDU-accredited educator, Dr Neal in Change Ministries. Philanthropic master of multiple martial arts (9 - count 'em - 10th Dan, natch, though lesser belts in many others), numerous doctorates in assorted disciplines with a leaning towards theology, thus often ordinated (a plot for sure) and he has all the certificates and transcripts to prove everything. Well, saves on buying art-work for the walls.]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived