Raskrutka?

rconner

I've been scraping a lot of blog spam off my blog, from Russians advertising something called "раÑкрутка" ("raskrutka"), which has to do (nearly as I can tell through machine translation) with some scheme for search engine trickery. Coincidentally (probably) I got a spam mail on the same topic (tracking link). I may have gotten these before, but just never noticed them.

Anybody have any idea as to what this is about? Couldn't find much useful information on Google, tho' it did link to a lot of ramshackle raskrutka sites.

-- rick

Never heard of it before but ... "spinup" as in promotion. Used mostly in reference to SEO these days. Used to mean PR-type spin to talk up a candidate, product, company, proposal - or to increase the stay in the old gulag on account of further 'crime'. Now also means the processes and methods of search engine optimization, visitor-gathering. Don't neglect to check the state of your sphincter if poking around in those places (also count your fingers on return). Gibson Research Cookie Forensics page I have mentioned elsewhere (www.grc.com/cookies/forensics.htm - https). You will be surprised how much your browser leaks.

...I got a spam mail on the same topic (tracking link). ...
Incidentally - Universal Online Cyrillic decoder ("recover your texts") useful for recovering the Cyrillic from the code shown in the link. When there are numerics in the mix, let it decide the coding type used for itself.

Morning coats? (Eng. transl. ex BabelFish). What the heck are "sites of morning coats" that these devious little devils think might be advantageously arrayed before an unsuspecting public? Must mean entry page I guess. Just don't quite pick up the sense of it from the words. Ah yes, good old Google renders it as "business-card site". So when you go calling, in the morning, and leave your calling-card (if your browser be not most firmly clenched - actually even then, anonymous proxy is the only way to keep ... erm ... anonymous) you are properly attired in your morning coat, I guess. And if you visit a "business-card site" you get given a business card in return, presumably. Whether you thought you wanted it or not. And naturally there will be reciprocal visits.

Archived