Managed spamming services

Farelf

In the category of "it hurts when I prod it", prod away with Spamming vendor launches managed spamming service (zdnet)

... Ð…pam is definitely not going away, especially nowadays when the whole process that used to require a decent investment of time and resources, has matured into an emerging market for managed service providers of spamming services whose web based interfaces successfully mimic the look and feel of anti-spam appliances...
Ah, goody - those old, undeniable, 'market forces' making our lives what they have to be. When I retire, I'm moving to Stone Axe Cave (no, no, no-one look for it on any map, I would only be dispirited if you found it - then I'd have to go to Weevil's Elbow instead).

Thanks to "Retired" at news.grc g.spam

In the category of "it hurts when I prod it", prod away with Spamming vendor launches managed spamming service (zdnet)Ah, goody - those old, undeniable, 'market forces' making our lives what they have to be.
I guess we knew this sort of thing would be coming from Russia, the land where bathtub refinishers, real-estate agents, car detailers, and management seminaristas regularly advertise by unsolicited e-mail. A couple of years ago, the Russian minister in charge of internet expressed his reluctance to deal with spam, saying more or less that he did not want to stifle free speech or legitimate business activities. "Other lands, other customs," as they used to say (in German) in my German class.

Thanks -- this, plus today's news from Richmond (i.e., it is OK to send "anonymous" e-mail to anyone), really makes my day.

-- rick

...Thanks -- this, plus today's news from Richmond (i.e., it is OK to send "anonymous" e-mail to anyone), really makes my day.
But wait, there's more ... The Rise of Anti-Forensics (csoonline)
New, easy to use antiforensic tools make all data suspect, threatening to render computer investigations cost-prohibitive and legally irrelevant.
:blink:

Thanks to JustNuts, news.grc.com g.techtalk

Archived