check for spam in dbx file?

konrado12

It`s my first post so I`d like to say hi to everyone :)

I have such problem. I use outlook express and for past 1-2 years I wasn`t using any spam filter. I have 3 different email accounts and all emails from given email account goes to different folder. Now during that time 2 of my emails were receiving around 100-200 spams a day. Now I have 2 big folders with almost 1 hundred thousands messages and 99% of it is spam.

I`m looking for a software which can do spam check on already downloaded emails and if it`s suspicious spam it`ll mark it somehow by adding **spam** to the beggining.

Thanks in advance for your help. I was looking and checking many programs but all I found was softwares that do "live" check.

I really need such soft as it wont be funny to check thousands emails manually :(

I have such problem. I use outlook express and for past 1-2 years I wasn`t using any spam filter. I have 3 different email accounts and all emails from given email account goes to different folder. Now during that time 2 of my emails were receiving around 100-200 spams a day. Now I have 2 big folders with almost 1 hundred thousands messages and 99% of it is spam.

Can tell you that OE was never meant to handle that kind of a load. I'm actually amazed that you seem to state that it actually still works with "1 hundred thousands" of e-mails, even if split across two folders.

I`m looking for a software which can do spam check on already downloaded emails and if it`s suspicious spam it`ll mark it somehow by adding **spam** to the beggining.

Most folks gave up trying to decode just how Microsoft wrote the storage code for OE's folders, which is why you don't see that many 'tools' for OE. Continuing my above remarks, what you're asking for would seem fairly 'dangerous' to be trying to play with files that big with that much content. OE has enough problems on its own.

I was looking and checking many programs but all I found was softwares that do "live" check.

Yes, there's a number of tools to help out there.

I really need such soft as it wont be funny to check thousands emails manually :(

I suggest a totally different strategy (ignoring why you'd want to keep this mucj spam taking yp hard drive space) .... build folders to contain your "good" e-mail ... say a folder for friends, a folder for family, a folder for newsletters/mailing-lists, etc. Build a set of Rules to move "good" e-mail into those folders. The end result being that your InBox would contain either spam or e-mail that needed a new Rule (and possibly a new Folder) These Rules can be run against any existing folders, so any "good" e-mail would be moved out of those massive folders and placed into a more appropriate spot.

Again, OE was delivered "free" as a lightweight e-mail client. "1 hundred thousands" e-mails would seem to suggest that you'd want to be looking for something much more powerful/robust with more options. If you really want/meed to keep all this crap, I'd suggest you should also start looking into ways to start archiving older stuff, with the intent to decrease the size of these OE folders.

Can tell you that OE was never meant to handle that kind of a load. I'm actually amazed that you seem to state that it actually still works with "1 hundred thousands" of e-mails, even if split across two folders.

My OE folder(s) add up to 9 gig. Maybe that's why it is starting to slow down! :lol:

Archived