Botanicalls DIY Plant Twitter Kit

Farelf

Sick of being spammed by pondscum? Time to move up the scale.

The original breakthrough was made just a few months ago when the chief scientist at CERN, attempting to converse with a patch of catnip translated through their Milliard Gargantubrain computer, was able to discern "I CAN HAZ TWITTER?" The scientist didn’t quite understand that gibberish, but his granddaughter did, and the Plant Twitter Kit was born.
Botanicalls DIY Plant Twitter Kit. Seems like a neat little cottage industry - constructing the kits and installing them. I mean the sort of folk who might lash out USD99.99 per kit aren't all that likely to have the time, inclination and skills to DIY, are they? Might be just the shot for those tired of rescuing and resuscitating the computers of the indigent for inadequate compensation or none - this thing would appeal to a wholly 'better' demographic WRT to remunerative capacity :P .

And there's way too much cool stuff at that website.

• 11 months later...

Talking of CERN - the LHC in particular: 'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

A top boffin at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".

"Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it," said Sergio Bertolucci, who is Director for Research and Scientific Computing at CERN, briefing reporters ...

I think Dr Bertolucci continues the proud tradition of his countrymen: NY Times report on Giulio Ulivi's 'Radiobalistica' (largish, slow-loading PDF), similar material and more in Italian at http://www.carlobramantiradio.it/ulivi.htm. Well, I've never completely written off Ulivi <_< and there again, ICBW (and the universe may become an immensely more interesting place for 10-26 seconds which is really quite a while in terms of Planck time but about 100 million times faster than anything we can currently measure).

Archived