I decided to add an old Juno email account to my Mailhosts. I don't currently have Juno's client software installed, so only access that email through their webmail site. When I try to add that account to my Mailhosts I get the following response sent to my main email address:

Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers mangled

It appears that the sample you provided has been altered. Often, extra

line-breaks are inserted by your software in an invalid format.... [edit]

Please review the relevant FAQ for your software and ensure you are

following a proceedure which returns intact spam content to SpamCop.

In this sample, the problem was found near the line:

by maildeliver03.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id AABE56GY6AHGP74J

Email software FAQs:

<http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html>

I understand what it is saying, just not how to correct the problem. I have looked at that FAQs list and the only entry for Juno pertains soley to their client software version. None of the other 'webmail' entries appear to address this problem. I have tried all the suggested methods of returning the headers/body/entire message, but get the same response each time. I have looked at the headers at/near the referenced line but don't see anything out of the ordinary there. Am I missing something obvious? This seems like it should be a relatively simple thing to tweak to make it right. Browsing through this forum and using the search function turned up only one obscure reference to Juno. If the details I am missing exist elsewhere, would someone please point me to the right area. Thanks.

I have looked at that FAQs list and the only entry for Juno pertains soley to their client software version. ..... I have tried all the suggested methods of returning the headers/body/entire message, but get the same response each time.

What I see missng is any reference to the Read this first Pinned entry in this Forum section.

Hi Fonman805,

I understand your question but you haven't given any useful data to help you with.

I guess few of the folk who'll come by use Juno so it will not be possible to replicate the issue you describe.

Undoubtedly the Juno webmail interface is in some way scrambling the headers but I couldn't say how without seeing them. But neither have you described how you are submitting the mailhost Email for processing. Are you copying and pasting or forwarding the message?

So you need to give those who are knowledgeable a help to interpret what's happening.

Wazoo has already pointed you to pinned entries which may help. Otherwise please come back with a more detailed explanation of the process you've followed.

Andrew

...If the headers are mangled, the most likely means to correct the problem are to either:

• Provide Juno with sufficient information for them to understand the problem so they can correct it, if they see fit.
  • Contact SpamCop (service[at]admin.spamcop.net).

Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:
If you email me your login username (email address) I can see the failed config email and maybe fix the headers for you.

Please don't post your email address here. Send it to me at:

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

If you email me your login username (email address) I can see the failed config email and maybe fix the headers for you.

Please don't post your email address here. Send it to me at:

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Just noting that this has been suggested prior to your post ... other users said the same thing, the Pinned "read this first" entry, etc. You make it appear that you don't actually read what's said before posting ...??? I guess the major point being is that the user has had tie to go ahead and make that contact .... best guess would be to factor in the week-end ....

Archived