emanmb

Google Network a Frequent Source of spam

Wondering if it's just my flavour of spam coming to my Yahoo that tends to be 95% sourced from Google, or if anyone else has noticed this trend?  In fairness this screenshot shows multiple spams that were the same content I assume by their subjects.  I really only report from this email account as it gets to be too much bother reporting my gmail spam which tends to be from the usual multitude of sources.  Been reporting these google spams for several months now with no changes even with googledoc links in the emails too. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.48.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.48.25 PM.png

16 hours ago, emanmb said:

Wondering if it's just my flavour of spam coming to my Yahoo that tends to be 95% sourced from Google, or if anyone else has noticed this trend?

I see the same thing coming to my hotmail.  As near as I can tell, the spammers are spinning up and down cloud instances as fast as they can to prevent getting caught.  Either they reached a point where they gave up on my gmail, or else google sometimes deals with it.  With my hotmail seems to be a day or two in between the spam like this.

7 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

I see the same thing coming to my hotmail.  As near as I can tell, the spammers are spinning up and down cloud instances as fast as they can to prevent getting caught.  Either they reached a point where they gave up on my gmail, or else google sometimes deals with it.  With my hotmail seems to be a day or two in between the spam like this.

I guess in some ways I'm looking for patterns where none really exist but for the randomness of what methods my yahoo spammers send me stuff.  If I look in my gmail account it's stuff from all over the place.  The consistency at which my one yahoo receives spam from google sources made me wonder what was up, and if google takes SC reports seriously at all.  It probably means nothing :) 

21 minutes ago, emanmb said:

I guess in some ways I'm looking for patterns where none really exist but for the randomness of what methods my yahoo spammers send me stuff.  If I look in my gmail account it's stuff from all over the place.  The consistency at which my one yahoo receives spam from google sources made me wonder what was up, and if google takes SC reports seriously at all.  It probably means nothing :) 

With Gmail learn to mark spam as "phishing". That immediately shuts down Google drive links

18 hours ago, emanmb said:

I guess in some ways I'm looking for patterns where none really exist but for the randomness of what methods my yahoo spammers send me stuff.  If I look in my gmail account it's stuff from all over the place.

I am not sure why, but for some reason, spammers do not send spam to my yahoo account any more.  I probably get two spams a year there and I don't know why so little.

I wonder if the difference between my experience with google is that with hotmail, my average reporting time is around 8 hours, but with gmail reporting through spamcop, my average reporting time is about 30 minutes.  I might need to speed up my hotmail reporting to see if that makes a difference.

8 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

I am not sure why, but for some reason, spammers do not send spam to my yahoo account any more.  I probably get two spams a year there and I don't know why so little.

I wonder if the difference between my experience with google is that with hotmail, my average reporting time is around 8 hours, but with gmail reporting through spamcop, my average reporting time is about 30 minutes.  I might need to speed up my hotmail reporting to see if that makes a difference.

My ATT yahoo is pretty much spam free but the yahoo.co m one gets 4-8 a day, but sometimes none.  Gmail tucks their spam folder out of sight so I only go there if expecting an email and have not received it, so I don't really bother reporting those much.

There was a period this year when there was little to no spam in my yahoo and even someone in a Mac user group commented about their lack of spam.  Perhaps there was a period of time covid was of use! ;)