Accidentally reported two non-spam mails (suggestion for possible future improvement of webmail)

Mikael

Hi.

I just found myself accidentally reporting a couple of emails as spam, even though they were not (I did this in webmail). I ticked off the two mails with the intent of marking them as read. But by pure reflex I got through the "report as spam" clicks instead. Just as I clicked Ok, I realised what I've done, and I could kick myself long and hard for the rest of the day.

I am still a little shocked that I could click my way through the "report spam" so easily, almost as a reflex without thinking at all. I have used the spamcop webmail for years, and this is a first for me.

But I started thinking. If this is a common problem (or am I the only one that has ever done this?), perhaps there is a relatively easy "fix" that would force people like me to think a little more before reporting:

What if (in webmail) you only could report mails as spam from the Held Mail folder? When spam occationally pops up in the Inbox (or other folders), the only option would be to move it to Held Mail, and then review and report it from there together with the rest of the spam. That would make it a two-step process where, hopefully, one would discover the error before it is too late.

What do you think?

And again, I am VERY sorry that I got in this situation in the first place.

Archived