No date

lmayne

...There is a date header:

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:04:03 +0000

But I'm guessing spamcop can't read it.

You are correct. SC looks for dates in the received lines, as shown in What do you mean by "full headers"?. The Date: field in headers can be any old thing, even forged. There has been discussion in the newsgroups of mysterious dates in year 1976 (actually written as year 3610, which gets 'converted' to 1976 when viewed by the mail application).

I'm unfamiliar with your application but clearly those headers bear little resemblance to the compliant mail headers that SC needs.

There is a date header:

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:04:03 +0000

But I'm guessing spamcop can't read it.

It's not that it can't read it, it's that this isn't the time data used by the parser. Header analysis looks for information within the Received: lines .... your sample only includes one which is very incomplete;

Received: from mail.s73.74.bp06.net (195.62.74.73) by mangabey.bss.local

Noting that there is an actual timestamp on one of the SpamAssassin X- lines, but X- lines are also ignored by the parser, as they can be added anywhere for any reason by anybody, so don't have a lot of value outside whatever specific application added them in ....

A 'good' Received: line looks more like;

Received: from mailitout.realtytimes.com ([38.104.34.142])
		by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 4si311006gxk.90.2009.03.05.08.27.23;
		Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:27:23 -0800 (PST)

I would suggest that you need to to talk to the folks that provide/maintain your Chilkat tool/application about the non-RFC compliant header content.

Archived