Unsent Reports

gmail.com' post='71426' date='May 13 2009, 01:34 PM']I no longer get the "unsent reports" button
All I can think of is that you might be logging in so quickly after submitting the spam that the system hasn't had time to put the spams in your account for reporting.

I just submitted spam to my account, and it took a few minutes before the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" link appeared.

Other than the delay, SpamCop appears to be working normally.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

gmail.com' post='71426' date='May 14 2009, 03:34 AM']I no longer get the "unsent reports" button, so I have to go to my Inbox and click, link by link to open IE again and again for every report. ...
Thats actually an Unreported spam Saved: Report Now link where the link is to the same members. URL as you would get from the confirmation e-mail. I see nothing changed - have you/someone/something by chance changed the "open in new tab"/"open in new window" properties of your browser? That catches me sometimes - expecting the current window to overwrite when an un-noticed tab has opened instead.

P.S. Your usename appears to be a valid e-mail address. That will get 'harvested' by spammers over time. If you don't want that, request a name change - as detailed in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry29130

(the address is fairly long, that may not all fit into a PM subject line, in which case just put the full detail in the body of the message with an abridged form of the suggested subject line)

To put in my 2 cents worth. It is probably due to the fact that your are not logged in to your reporting account. When you click on the link in the reply email from SpamCop, it opens up a reporting window which may or may not actually log you into your report account. It depends on the current status of the cookie which expires after a certain amount of time. If the report now link does not appear and you know that it should, simply click on the Report spam link at the top of the Report page which will open up a log in screen click on the login link at the top of the page (If you are already logged in, the login link will be missing). I am working on a FAQ entry on this subject as there are other issues involved as well when using the email link to finish reporting when you are not fully logged in which are dependent on you preference settings.

I am surprised that Don did not know that it is possible to report spam using the email link without actually being logged into a reporting account. When you are not logged in, the only way to complete the reporting process is to click on each link individually. It happens to me all the time.

Note: edited to correct error pointed out by Don below.

I am surprised that Don did not know that it is possible to report spam using the email link without actually being logged into a reporting account.
You win the Gold Medal for conclusion jumping. Nice work!

The "Unreported spam Saved" link only appears if you are logged into your account when you use a reporting link.

If you're not logged in, using the reporting link will allow you to report the one spam, but that's all. If you use the "Report spam" tab after you report the spam, you are sent to the anonymous signup page.

You can use the "Login" tab to log in if you want.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

It is very understandable that the OP got confused and that Don forgot to mention the possibility in his first answer.

Since the reporting window 'looks' the same, a reporter may not even think about whether he is logged in or not. If usually the reporter is logged in and the 'Report Now' link appears, and then one day, it does not, naturally one considers that there may be something happening - like the slight delay that Don mentioned - on the other end.

It is only when one has experienced the 'unnatural' situation - that you are the only one having the problem - that other solutions are explored. And, then, Doh!, it is as simple as not being logged in which normally one doesn't check when using the email links. Almost on a level with forgetting to see if the monitor is turned off when moving the mouse doesn't work. Once it happens, you never forget!! But it happens to everyone once!

Miss Betsy

Archived