Unbelievable - a reply to a SpamCop report

dbiel

After over 5 years or reporting, I have actually received my second reply in response to a SpamCop report sent by me.

What is really surprising is were it came from: a Russian provider

Hello!

Thank you for report, spam accounts closed.

--

Rayushkin Alexander

Rambler Abuse Team

Source of original spam message:

Received: from [81.230.240.137] by mcgi65.rambler.ru with HTTP (mailimap); Sat, 23 May 2009 11:40:26 +0400

Could we actually be making some progress?!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
After over 5 years or reporting, I have actually received my second reply in response to a SpamCop report sent by me.

What is really surprising is were it came from: a Russian provider Source of original spam message:

Received: from [81.230.240.137] by mcgi65.rambler.ru with HTTP (mailimap); Sat, 23 May 2009 11:40:26 +0400

Could we actually be making some progress?!!!!

i did receive reports from mail.ru (the major ru web-mail, just like gmail in the world) before about closing of spamming accounts.

the funny thing is that once i got reply from another ru hosting:

This is not spam!

but it was spam, though i didn't receive any more after that.

...the funny thing is that once i got reply from another ru hosting:
This is not spam!

but it was spam, though i didn't receive any more after that.

Was that a 'misdirected bounce' you were reporting? I've seen that response, the ISP supposedly having no clue it is not good to bounce non-deliverable spam to the forged "From:"/"Reply-To:" - http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9487 Depressing, if that's what he actually believed, there are other possibilities though.

Archived