[Resolved] spam blocked from forwarding

bobnm

Occasionally I receive spam that I am unable to forward or forward as an attachment because those operations are blocked. Is there any way to defeat this so the spam can be reported?

You'll need to provide a bit more info in order for anyone here to be of help to you. Who or what is "blocking" these "operations?" How do you find out that they have been blocked? What mail software do you use on your computer? What procedures do you follow in order to bundle your spam as attachments?

Also, have you tried submitting these messages at the web form page instead of as attachments?

-- rick

You'll need to provide a bit more info in order for anyone here to be of help to you. Who or what is "blocking" these "operations?" How do you find out that they have been blocked? What mail software do you use on your computer? What procedures do you follow in order to bundle your spam as attachments?

Also, have you tried submitting these messages at the web form page instead of as attachments?

I assume they are somehow being blocked because the "Forward" and "Forward as attachment" are grey and cannot be used. I am using Windows Live Mail and normally go to Actions>Forward as attachment and send the email to SpamCop. I don't understand your suggestion about "submitting these messages at the web form page"

Also, in response to Betsy, the messages are not of unusual length.

Thanks for your replies.

I assume they are somehow being blocked because the "Forward" and "Forward as attachment" are grey and cannot be used. I am using Windows Live Mail and normally go to Actions>Forward as attachment and send the email to SpamCop. I don't understand your suggestion about "submitting these messages at the web form page"
Sounds as though your problem is strictly within Windows Live Mail; I can't be of much help, maybe others can. Is it just SpamCop that you're unable to forward to, or are you prevented from forwarding to anyone?

As for the web form suggestion, if you are a registered SpamCop user (which I gather you are since you are forwarding your spam via e-mail), then you can also report your spam via a web form at mailsc.spamcop.net (you have to give your SpamCop user name and password to log in to the site).

-- rick

There are actually several different ways to log into the reporting system.

The primary log in is at

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=loginform

For those who would rather not accept cookies, these "HTTP basic auth" options are provided:

For reporting-only account holders:

For email account holders:

For more information see: How to use the SpamCop Reporting Service

I use Windows Live but don't understand why it does what it does most of the time. However, there was one email I received that Windows Live thought was a phish that it treated differently than other spam (it wasn't so I don't know if the forward as attachment didn't work). I can't remember now exactly what it was, but it seems to me, I got the email and the envelope icon had an X in it and when I opened it up, it said that the contents were blocked. Normally, spam (and phishes) look just like regular mail (and since I don't open spam, I don't know what they look like inside). I don't have the junk filter turned on which might make a difference also.

HTH,

Miss Betsy

First of all, thanks for taking time report spam. It is a great help to those who use the SCBL to trap and block spam arriving at their in-box.

If you can't forward an individual spam item then please feel free to simply delete it. It really doesn't matter greatly if the occasional spam isn't reported.

Often we can become so passionate about reporting that we may lose the bigger picture. Report what you can and delete the rest. Your contribution will still be valued.

As others have noted you can use the web-based reporting system as an alternative to forwarding as an attachment.

Andrew

Archived