Reported for one uninteded infraction?

pashley

A few days ago my site was hacked, and malicious code, or I should say, spamcode, was inserted into my site so that everytime some one landed on my home page, they'd get a redirect to an online pharmacy. My hosting provider shut me down, and I removed the code, then i was allowed back up.

SpamCop reported me to Web of Trust, with which you may be familiar. Now I have a bad rating, and worse, a bad reputation, that is unwarranted.

Will SpamCop remove it's report? I think it's hardly fair to label a website a spamsite, after a one-day infraction, due to a hacking.

Will SpamCop remove it's report? I think it's hardly fair to label a website a spamsite, after a one-day infraction, due to a hacking.
Please remember that this is a USER based forum. I would suggest that you send detailed information to service[at]admin.spamcop.net. Be sure to use a clearly worded subject line.

Note: there have been very little discussion about "Web of Trust" in these forums to date.

Will SpamCop remove it's report?
No. We can't remove the report. The report was sent and now it's part of history. Whoever received the report can remove it, but we can't.

SpamCop doesn't track or follow-up on issues. Especially web site reports. The only people who know your web site was reported are you and the person who got the report.

This matter is strictly between you and them. Nothing to do with SpamCop.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

From what I read about Web of Trust, spamcop didn't report you. Web of Trust uses the spamcop blocklist as one of its criteria.

Since spamcop is automatic - when the IP address stops spewing spam, then the IP address ages off the blocklist, I would think that Web of Trust would adjust its ratings periodically. The same probably would be true of any website reports. I don't know how they are handled by either spamcop or WOT.

It may seem harsh to you that you were hacked and all these bad things happened to you. However, that's life. People click on 'free' offerings and get charges to their phone bill. People mislay a bill and get behind on payments and their electricity gets cut off or car repossessed. Life's unfair sometimes - especially when the consequences of your actions (or inaction - not properly protecting your website) leads to thousands of other people being inconvenienced by spam, or worse, being victimized.

Reputation can be lost quickly and takes time to regain. Perhaps you will regain a good reputation - I don't know how long it takes or if you can hurry it along.

My sympathies,

Miss Betsy

Agreeing with Miss Betsy, and with the past few times that Web of Trust has come up, none of this has anything to do with the SpamCopDNSBL ... so moving this to the Lounge with this post.

Archived