no spamcop forwarding address for spam reporting

Cam Belt

When I first returned the account configuration email to set up my husbands spamcop account for reporting spam, I missed including the full headers, so I didn't receive back the email with the address for him to report spam to. I thought I could use the address off my pc but now when he reports spam the confirmation email to finish the`reporting process comes to my pc and not his laptop. I have resent the configuration email with the full headers, but haven't received a reply back.

Can i have help to resolve this problem.

now when he reports spam the confirmation email to finish the`reporting process comes to my pc and not his laptop.

The confirmation email will always go to the account listed in Preferences, Change Email address or name, Email address

You can not have confirmations go to two different places unles you setup 2 different reporting accounts. I do that with a paid (email) reporting account for home and free reporting account for work.

The confirmation email will always go to the account listed in Preferences, Change Email address or name, Email address

You can not have confirmations go to two different places unles you setup 2 different reporting accounts. I do that with a paid (email) reporting account for home and free reporting account for work.

it does have his email listed in preferences. I am using spamcop thru mailwasher and to set it up i need an email address to enter in the box to report spam to thru mailwasher. This is what I can't receive.

Is it ok to post the address here that i use to report spam to so i can have confirmation that it would be the same address that he` would use?

The 'submit' address you send the spam to is displayed on the "Welcome" page when you log into the account.

If your husband is using your 'submit' address, the SpamCop responses will always come to you no matter what address he puts on his account. He needs to use his own 'submit' address.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

When I first returned the account configuration email to set up my husbands spamcop account for reporting spam, I missed including the full headers, so I didn't receive back the email with the address for him to report spam to. I thought I could use the address off my pc but now when he reports spam the confirmation email to finish the`reporting process comes to my pc and not his laptop. I have resent the configuration email with the full headers, but haven't received a reply back.

I believe you are confusing a couple of issues.

Your computer, his computer .... makes no difference. Please see Why are there so many different account names/passwords needed? Reporting Accounts are based on/connected to the e-mail accopunt used during the Registration process, which seems to be exactly what you are describiing .... "I used the address off of my computer" means exactly that ... you are both "submitting" the spam to "your account" ... end of that discussion.

Ths issue doesn't have anything to do with the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account. See the Wiki page at Mail-Host Configuration of your Reporting Account After you set up "his" Reporting Account, then perform this process on "that" Reporting Account.

Because this has no direct bearing on the MailHost Configuration of a Reporting Account and is actually seen as an issue with the actual "submittal of apam" for Parsing & Reporting, I am moving this Topic to the more appropriate Forum section with this post.

Archived